tatoo removal in DR?

sush

Mar 9, 2011
anyone knows where you can have a tatto removed - aprox 5 inches diameter - and that is doesnt costs 300k DOP? yeah they asking 300,000.00 dop to do that!!
if you have any info pls let me know im tryin to help an friend who can't get it done in usa

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
yikes..it would be almost worth it to get it covered up with another tattoo that perhaps is more to the persons liking than getting it removed at that price.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Can't get it done in the US? Us that because he can't visit the US?

It won't be widely available as tattoos are only just becoming popular mainstream. There is no quickfix so be sure where you start the treatment that he won't be relocating often.

Is he looking for pigment distortion or laser pigment breakdown? Laser will be expensive in the republic

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Can't get it done in the US? Us that because he can't visit the US?

It won't be widely available as tattoos are only just becoming popular mainstream. There is no quickfix so be sure where you start the treatment that he won't be relocating often.

Is he looking for pigment distortion or laser pigment breakdown? Laser will be expensive in the republic

is a she :cheeky: it takes a while and she is living in DR so to go back and forward will be more expensive..... yeah i meant she can't go.

laser is very expensive here that is what that place i went with her offered us, if pigment distortion will do the job that will be fine. do u know any places? does it takes a long time? we been told that it takes a while that is why is definetly better to get it done here.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yeh, to do it without scaring and if it was professionally done it takes a long time over many sessions, give yourself a couple of years.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The cheap option is to buy the distortion solution, buy a machine and battery pack. Send off for some disposable needles and do it yourself. The solution breaks down the pigment in the skin and forces it out in the scab. It won't get the results of laser treatment but it will get it so that it isn't noticable unless studying the skin. Basically the skin will turn a slightly different colour, but if it isn't a solid tattoo you shouldn't notice it.

I'm not Professional by the way, just had a few removed using both techniques.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Instituto Dermatol?gico

There is a clinic in Santo Domingo and other locations in the country. It is Instituto Dermatol?gico. One can go there for a consult. It was established to serve the poor of the country. It is not fancy, but has a good reputation and doctors. The cost is based upon one's ability to pay.

PJT recommends it, has been treated there for minor skin problems and had eyelift surgery.

Please be aware of common clinic practice; when you do go there, there is no appointment, you pay for a consult fee, take a ticket and wait your turn for a consult.

Bienvenidos al Instituto Dermatol?gico y Cirug?a de Piel Dr. Huberto Bogaert D?az

Regards,
PJT

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
The cheap option is to buy the distortion solution, buy a machine and battery pack. Send off for some disposable needles and do it yourself. The solution breaks down the pigment in the skin and forces it out in the scab. It won't get the results of laser treatment but it will get it so that it isn't noticable unless studying the skin. Basically the skin will turn a slightly different colour, but if it isn't a solid tattoo you shouldn't notice it.

I'm not Professional by the way, just had a few removed using both techniques.

Um, I am an ECE educator and a RN with many tattoos. Do not do this please. This is a ridiculous suggestion.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Yes!!

There is a clinic in Santo Domingo and other locations in the country. It is Instituto Dermatol?gico. One can go there for a consult. It was established to serve the poor of the country. It is not fancy, but has a good reputation and doctors. The cost is based upon one's ability to pay.

PJT recommends it, has been treated there for minor skin problems and had eyelift surgery.

Please be aware of common clinic practice; when you do go there, there is no appointment, you pay for a consult fee, take a ticket and wait your turn for a consult.

Bienvenidos al Instituto Dermatol?gico y Cirug?a de Piel Dr. Huberto Bogaert D?az

Regards,
PJT

someone just told us the same thing, we live in the east and there is one in san pedro and romana but they said this can be done only in santo domingo; i will definetly try that, it will be a little pain and for sure a long wait but i heard from many that they do have some good doctors and yet the price will not even be close to 300kdop.

thanks so much hope it works!!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Um, I am an ECE educator and a RN with many tattoos. Do not do this please. This is a ridiculous suggestion.

The guy is looking for solutions, cheap options, that is a cheaper option and I am walking proof it can be done.
What is your advice or alternative option for the guy?
I'm not saying what should be done, just that it can be done.