INTERNET PROVIDERS?

E

El Musico

Hi, I am using Tricom right now as my internet service provider, but I heard that there are others in the capital...does anyone use another provider other than Tricom or Codetel? How much is it? Is it good service? Thanks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Stick with what you have...

Codetel and Tricom are as bad as each other. Hard to pick between the two. A few others exist but from the feedback I get are a complete waste of time.

Rob.

L

Looking for Info

DSL anyone?

I seem to remember reading about ADSL coming to some parts of the DR from Codetel. This was in the insert you get with your phone bill several months ago. I am curious if anyone switched over to that and if so, what is the service like.

A

Aftab

internet flash is here.

I have used the codetel's internet flash system. I think its a DSL and only offered in santiago and in santo domingo. It maybe offered in other locations but I am not fully aware of its presence anywhere else.
Internet flash is fast as lightning. I have never seen anything so fast as that. Webpages are downloaded with a click of a button and flashed on your screen in a micro-second. Even the webpages with complex grafics are downloaded in a blink of an eye.
Its expensive; i hear they have a special right now: for home installation, its free... but monthly rent is 1000 pesos. Business installation is much more expensive and the monthly rent is out-ragiously high. The line comes with a regular phone line so you can make and receive phone calls while still connected to the internet and surfing at a fast speed.

E

Eric

Hi,
I was using Platinom in the past (www.platinom.net) and liked their service. No major busy signals, and 200 pesos a month. Their tech support needs some help. But if you're a veteran you should be OK.

I just signed up with Centennial (www.centennialrd.com) for a dialup account. I'm waiting for them to get in touch with me. RD$250/month and they guarantee a connection on your first attempt.

There are more options other than CODETEL and Tricom. I would never get an account with either of them because of the nightmare stories I've heard from friends and relatives.

Good luck,

Eric

A

Amy

Re: that's funny eddy!!!

Does anyone know if Wirelesswave is available on the southern coast, or only in the north?