Entry requirements

D

David

Hi! I can't seem to find anything on the web on the DR tourist board in UK. All I find are broken links. Can anyone help me out? I need to know what is required for a visitor holding a UK passport. Thanks in advance....
David

H

Henry

To entry the DR you need an accurate passport, the visa waiver for USD 10.- (if not allready provided by the travel agency!), which can be easily bought at the airport on arrival and do not forget, you need USD 10.- departure tax, when you leave!

Have a nice stay!

Henry

S

Sarah

Call your airline directly. They will have that information. Any travel agent will also be able to provide that info for you.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Entry requirements *PIC*

US Citizens do not need a passport.
See http://www.dr1.com/travel/English/Tips.html#anchor15409:

Citizens of the United States may enter with passport or with an original birth certificate and additional photo-bearing official document (such as voter's registration or driver's license.) Minor's may enter with only an original birth certificate.

Even more important are the Airline's requirements, which may or may not be different than the current DR Government requirements. Unless you pass the Airline requirements, you aren't boarding the plane. So check with the airline.

For more info, click on link below.

T

Tor

How long can you stay on a tourist card ? I guess it' either 1 or 2 months ?

D

David

Thanks, but as I stated in my post I am a citizen of the UK and my girlfriend is Norwegian. Not US citizens. The links on the DR1 info page were outdated so I couldnt find info there.

C

Carol

David

I am going in June. If you like to e-mail me direct, I'll give you details on how to get a tourist card before you go. It saves time and queues at the airport!

R

Rhino

Hi David

Not quite sure what your question is, but as a UK person myself who visits the DR at least 6 times a year i can advise that there are no visa requirements other than the US$10 tourist card which you pick up on arrival.

If you need any further info send me an email and I will try and help. FAV2212@hotmail.com

Regards