Return to UK after marriage?

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
I am from the UK and i plan to marry my Girlfriend in DR next year. The problem is, once married, how do we both get back to the UK as i will have my return thomas cook flight, and she isn't allowed to book with them. Is there anyway to get her UK settlement forms done before a wedding?

She is originally from Costa rica which does help as it means she doesn't need any kind of Visa to come to the UK, but its the staying more than 6 months which i want to get sorted. I want her here permanently and i can't figure out how best to do it.

Someone did give me the number of a guy who works for Thomas cook in Puerto Plata and said he would help but he can only help get one way tickets cheap if you hold a british passport, which she doesnt.

I need help figuring this out, where can i ask n get more help.
Thankyou

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm not up to date on UK rules for settlement visas so here's something to check out while you wait for a reply Visas for the UK

You are saying she is a CITIZEN of Costa Rica and she doesn't need a visa to enter the UK?

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Yes, she can visit the UK without a visa for up to 6 months as a Costa rican citizen and passport holder.

thanks