Notary from the US

jessilin

May 6, 2009
Hi,

I need a document notarized ASAP, but the notary stamp cannot say that it was done in the Dominican Republic. Is there anyone travelling here from the States with their stamp?? Or does anyone know of anyone who lives here with a US notary stamp?? Please help, I'm desperate!! :ermm:

Thanks in advance!!

jessilin

May 6, 2009
Thank you, unfortunately, the US embassy notarizes but they specifically state that it is done in the Dominican Republic, not what I need.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Would the US Notary in the DR not also have to state where the document was notarized?

Jan 9, 2004
That would not work as...

Could you not Fedex your documents to a notory in the US and back?

The whole theory behind a notary public is that the person signing the document is the same named person in the document and that the notary has personally watched that person sign, provide valid identification, and then he/she attests to that signature.

Notaries are given their commissions by their respective states and their jurisdiction to notarize is only to documents witnessed and signed inside that state (embassies/consulates excepted).

Embassies and consulates have notarial officers whose powers are granted by Congress, but as has been pointed out, the document wil indicate where it was signed.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Hi,

I need a document notarized ASAP, but the notary stamp cannot say that it was done in the Dominican Republic. Is there anyone travelling here from the States with their stamp?? Or does anyone know of anyone who lives here with a US notary stamp?? Please help, I'm desperate!! :ermm:

Thanks in advance!!

Is it you believe because the notarization if done at the US Consolate is not valid because the location is in the DR? A notarization done at the consolate has the same legal force as if done at any location within the US.

...... Or is your concern more about where you are; that you may be in a location where you ought not to be or you do not have identification documents; having a notarization done in the DR will compromise you in some way?

Let's hope, you misunderstand the information you have received prior about the stamp not saying it was done in the DR; that you opt to have the notarization done at the consolate and you accomplish your mission.

Regards,
PJT