Did Sun Village ever re-open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I went to Sun Village twice and it was great. I read that they would reopen in November of last year, but I haven't see anything.

Did Sun Village ever reopen their resort? Are the Bungalows still part of Sun Village?

Thanks.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The name Sun Village has long gone, along with the former owners. It was brought last year, renamed etc.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks. I remember a huge thread about that...

But did they ever reopen, even with a new name?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
The main part of Sun Village is now part of the Be Live chain.

The Bungalows are now on long term lease to Lifestyle Holidays timeshare program.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Be Live has two locations in DR: Hotel Be Live Grand Carey & Hotel Be Live Grand Marien.

Which of these two is the previous Sun Village?

Has it changed much? I wonder if the cascade pool is still there...

Thanks.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I took the kids to Sun Village for a weekend and I thought it was ok although the beach was crappy. Rocky with not much sand and when I show people the pics, they say "THAT'S in DR!?!", the water at the beach was nowhere near blue....

SHALENA

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
They also have hotels in Boca Chica, Cabeza de Toro and Bayahibe. The Carey is the former Sun Village, dont know what happened but at the moment they only have 10 % occupancy, dont know about the cascade pool.

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
that is correct it is the Carey, i,m going at the end of the month. i had been to Sun Village many times. the grounds and pool were beautiful, the beach crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.