Rent 2-3br Appartment in La Romana or Boca Chica

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

i will be moving to DR in the next months, havn't decided where to but put La Romana and Boca Chica on the shortlist (want to have a nice beach, and nice sourounding for riding my bike).

i am going there mid of april and also would like to get an impression of the real estate market.

can anyone help me with contacts to some real estate agents for those two cities, i browsed the DR1 page but didnt help me, i assume there is no homepage with an overview of all appartments for rent?

2-3Bedroom, 1-2 Bathroom, Budget in the are of 1500USD (incl. electricity, water, ...)

thanks a lot,
chris

sush

Mar 9, 2011
La Romana is very nice but the access to the beach is not so simple as it may be in Boca chica or Juan dolio, i think u should also look around Juan Dolio is close to boca chica but a lot more quiet and is not such a big and full of people city, i think u may like it... they are now finishing the streets here so u will be able to run your bike and also meet many people from all over the world. i made a post the other day about buying an apartment here- i live in juan dolio currently- and someone send me this info, it may be usefull to u.
they rent and sell appartments from the Metro country club and they have a lot going on in juan dolio, not sure other places.
email is bsierra08@yahoo.com, info@juandoliorealestate.com, cell 809 873-1572 office 809 339-3260. My office is located in La Brissa Plaza Express just before Capella Beach Resort. Warms regards and I Look forward to hearing from you.
Bernie

JUST KNOW that in Juan Dolio LOCATION is very important! make sure u feel safe when u see an apartment u like and dont just take it cause is a good deal.

good luck.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Hey Guys,

i will be moving to DR in the next months, havn't decided where to but put La Romana and Boca Chica on the shortlist (want to have a nice beach, and nice sourounding for riding my bike).

i am going there mid of april and also would like to get an impression of the real estate market.

can anyone help me with contacts to some real estate agents for those two cities, i browsed the DR1 page but didnt help me, i assume there is no homepage with an overview of all appartments for rent?

2-3Bedroom, 1-2 Bathroom, Budget in the are of 1500USD (incl. electricity, water, ...)

thanks a lot,
chris

Boca Chica is loaded with rentals....2 bed firnished in duplexs,around $700. a month in safe areas.My friend just moved there from SD.Will try to get info.
$1500. a month is not budget,it is high end,and I mean HIGH END!
bob

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
La Romana is very nice but the access to the beach is not so simple as it may be in Boca chica or Juan dolio, i think u should also look around Juan Dolio is close to boca chica but a lot more quiet and is not such a big and full of people city

thank you for that tip, i will anyhow look at some cities/villages on the southern shore, san pedro also. i am just not sure if i want to live in a city or town again (i currently reside on the east shore of hawaii in a smaller town, has its ups and downs). originally i also put puerto plata on my list, but decided to skip it.

Boca Chica is loaded with rentals....2 bed firnished in duplexs,around $700. a month in safe areas.My friend just moved there from SD.Will try to get info.
$1500. a month is not budget,it is high end,and I mean HIGH END!
bob

thanks, i appreciate that info. btw. with budget i ment my budget for living expenses, but i am ok if i can reduce it a bit. living in hawaii you get used to horrible cost for living.

Juan Dolio might be a good option for you. Contact Dre Broeders, he's also on this forum and he might have something for you right on the beach.

thanks also, i will contact him

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
As a long time visitor to Boca Chica..I would also agree with the suggestion of Juan Dolio for living. Boca chica is a great place to visit on the weekend..living there is like being stuck on New Years everyday.