Codetel needs to spend $ on customer service

C

christy

I read in the DR1 news today that Codetel claims to be investing $241 USD in their service; and that the majority of the $ will be spent on new technologies. I think this is a excellent time for Codetel to be getting a face lift, with the near scheduled arrival of the "Orange" phone company. My only thought on this matter is that Codetel needs to allocate the funds into upgrading it's current service and customer service levels. Taking upto 2 months to establish a phone line is unacceptable, and this is only one example.

H

Henry

Better service needed - definitly!

By the way, Orange, Centennial are already here!!!!

E

ECH, M.D.

You think CODETEL is going to spend money on customer services...you have got to be kidding. When they have the lion's share of the market.....forget the customer. I empathize with you and especially with dealing with codetel employees with a surley attitude as if they are doing you a favor taking your money!!! If a full service company comes to the DR and gives good service....CODETEL is history!!!!!

S

Sarah

I challenge Codetel to respond...right here on

this board! Although I am not currently directly affected, I have been in the past and am so sick of hearing that they continue to offer substandard customer service and services. We finally broke up ATT here in the USA. I predict that Codetel will be broken up eventually and loose their customer base!

A

A.J.

Oxymoron

I am sorry but I swear in the previous posts Codetel and Customer service appeared in the same sentence.

Although on a personal level at the Puerto Plata Office on the 27 de Feb I have had great luck with the women who work there, most being as helpful as possible. But past the 3 cashiers and four women service agents I can not say I am very ahppy with the service or the billing system which seems to go up without any notice.

However if you can argue your point somtime when you call you actually can get your bill changed or be treated nicely.

L

Liezett Feliz

I am agree

christy Iam agree with you in some point one of them is the fact that they take so long to put a phone line.
But abaut the service don't blain the people they are very hard working people . If someone should be blain is the company

J

Jim Hinsch

Near arrival of Orange? News: Orange is here and live. Several friends use their service and you'll see Orange billboards throughout Santo Domingo.

C

christy

Orange does not exist through the country YET

Jim,
I simply meant near arrival of Country-wide service provided by orange. And what do your friends have to say about it so far anyway?

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Orange - so far, no bad comments.

So far, so good. The cellular service works, as intended. I haven't heard anything bad.

H

Henry

Orange - just more expensive than

Codetel prepaid phones!!!! (which obusly work on most parts of the country!)

J

jim

Codetel is owned by GTE and now they are Verizon. Still plenty of money, but like Jamaica Tel, some people have been waiting for 40 years or more for service to be hooked up. I worked there in '73-'74 and had an area where people had paid the deposit $45. Jamaican Dollars or $51. US at that time, 15 years before. Still no service, and today still no service.

I guess the best thing to do is find e-mail for GTE International and get everyone to send mail once a day. Its worth a try. jim

S

Sarah

Contact Info: Verizon / GTE / Codetel / Infotel

Verizon International Media Relations: Steve Marcus tel:212 840 6988, fax: 212 395 2363, email: steven.b.marcus@verizon.com

All other Verizon inquiries: Maggie Butler tel:914 694 8258, fax: 914 644 3874, email: margaret.butler@verizon.com

"Verizon Communications was formed by the merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE."

"Compania de Telefonos del Interior S.A.(CODETEL) is the leading local, long-distance and wireless telephone service provider in the Dominican Republic. CODETEL has its headquarters in Santo Domingo. Verizon owns 100% of CODETEL and has owned and operated it for more than 40 years."

Verizon website: http://www.verizon.com/home.html

Codetel website: http://www.codetel.com.do/

Infotel website: http://www.infotel.com.do/

G

giovanni

Re: Orange - so far, no bad comments.

The only problem with Orange is if you call from the US to a Orange cell phone it doesn't work..

J

Joey

Re: I am agree

what's a person to do when a company charges exhorbitent rates and provides no customer service-----go out and buy it's stock--codetel is one of the most profitable companies in the world in the telephone business----i wonder why