Cost of new house construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I would lik to know the REAL cost to build a 2 bedroom two bath house in POP. Bacause I' am a gringo I have seen verylarge costs to do this. How can I go about doing this the most inexpnesive way possible, AND get good qualty?
I'm so sick of getting riped off because I'm white. Thanks Phil.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I would lik to know the REAL cost to build a 2 bedroom two bath house in POP. Bacause I' am a gringo I have seen verylarge costs to do this. How can I go about doing this the most inexpnesive way possible, AND get good qualty?
I'm so sick of getting riped off because I'm white. Thanks Phil.

low cost = haitian labor = low quality

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good, solid construction should cost in the neighborhood of about RD$27-31,000 pesos a square meter of first class construction.

Get yourself a good maestro Constructior or construction company. Chip can help you on this. Keep a close watch on EVERYTHING.... Keep anything that can be carried away will be carried away. That is an axion. Everything. So, you make sure to get or build a strong room where you and only you have the key and you control access. Tools, wiring, fixtures of any type seem to grow feet and wings!!

Apart from that, you can budget with your architect and builder and I'll wager you will be close to those figures...80 dollars a square foot..(+/-) if you own the land!!

H B (Hey, I had lunch with an architect today!! Prices are current)

Nov 10, 2010
hmmmmm

i just chatted with my meastro a few months back... for a basic house. Not cheap. basic! $550.00us ametre or $55 a sq foot approx.
Architects 4.5% of the cost......
i have used this builder and years down the track my basic house is still standing after 3 earth tremors

his name is eriberto polanco... look his name up on the site here. he speaks a little english

Status
Not open for further replies.