Casa de Campo or Punta Cana

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
Which area would be better for golf, beach, restaurants and things to do?

We're thinking about spending 4-5 months a year in the DR but are unsure which area is better to buy a condo or villa.

We're retired so the club scene is not a big deal to us. And we don't fish. We do like to snorkle though.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
PC has more choices as far as golf is concern. However, I would get a Fedo card to play most of them while you are living there. I'm sure there are others that can chime in about what is the best area to live in 4-5 months a yr.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT believes you have more options in the Punta Cana area.

Casa de Campo offers upscale amenities but you are captive to their somewhat isolated location and high market costs whereas Punta Cana has a plethora of golf courses, restaurants, and beaches, all within reasonable driving distance from each other.

PJT would suggest you spend time at each location prior to such a big investment and find out first hand which area is the best fit for your comfort zone and wallet.

Regards,

PJT

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Amazingly vague replies to a geuine question so I hope this will help ,There are 5 golf courses in and around Casa de Campo and there are about the same in Punta Cana but with higher green fees There is one beach in Casa de Campo and several close by at Bayahibe and Dominicus but the beaches at Punta Cana are much better ,There are at least 25 top restuarants at Casa de Campo and la Romana and Bayahibe and this is far more than at Punta Cana Bavaro , The security at Casa de Campo is much tighter.
PJT gives an excellent pice of advice in suggesting you try both places

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Punta Cana Golf Courses

There are 11 golf courses in Punta Cana with 2 more on the way. See map http://i52.tinypic.com/igffcy.jpg (White Sands is now closed).
You'll need a vehicle to get the most out of both locations.
Good snorkeling can be found in Bayahibe - better than in Punta Cana or CDCampo.