Dominicans in Atlanta...Or at least a decent blow...

cisonit4rl

Mar 27, 2011
Out? I am considering a move to Atlanta, Georgia in order to be closer to my children's Grandparents who are in NYC(Orig. From DR). I can't afford NYC housing or schools but do have family and job prospects in the A. Unfortunately, I can't imagine moving to another place(currently in Cali) that does not have at least enough Dominicans to get a blowout, rollo's and a duby...

Any info would help

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Moved to the A-T-L from (SoBAY) Southern California

Atlanta has a growing Dominican population.
We have a couple of restaurants, shipping companies, night clubs, bakeries and several hair salons. I'm sure you'll find out about the Dominican clicks at any of the hair salons.

If you are coming here with kids I would recommend Cobb County, Gwinnett County and North Fulton County for top rated AP and IB schools. The latter is an excellent choice depending on your budget (mostly an affluent area and the traffic is horrible).
Atlanta is quite diverse. You will be able to find housing in all price ranges in areas with access to the things you need.
Having come from LA, Atlanta was hard to get used to at first but it has changed from 10yrs ago.
When I return from visiting LA I don?t know how I ever survived. The sticker shock is amazing (so is the traffic).

You should have no problem finding us here!

Good luck

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
You are going to find everything that you are looking for in Gwinnett county (Lilburn, Norcross and Lawrenceville area). We have a lot of restaurants, saloons and bakeries spread out everywhere.

Best school for your kids like ccarabella said are in Gwinnett, Cobb and North Fulton county (Alpharetta, Milton and Johns creek).

We have direct non-stop flight to "La Capital and Punta Cana".

The job market is not very good right now like everywhere around the country, but you should be able to find something good if you persevere. Houses are very cheap/affordable.

If you have more questions just ask :bunny: