Best Place for Breakfast in Cabarete

abigidoo

Mar 23, 2011
Where is a good place for breakfast? We are staying at Harmony and won't be doing any cooking so trying to find a place nearyby that serves a good breakfast. Thanks.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Claro's, just down from Janett's is great. Dick's, you can't beat. Friendly's next to Dick's is good. You can eat almost anywhere here, but We think Claro's is best.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Take a walk along the beach into town... you could have breakfast oceanside at several different places...all decent...and the view can't be beat.

For restaurants not on the beach, Oriole's list is spot on for the best breakfasts...especially Claro's definitely the best in town.

The best 100 peso breakfast in town is at the small bakery/chocolate shop in Media Luna Plaza...about a 5 minute walk west from Harmony on the other side of the highway...

HaTraeger

Jan 15, 2012
Cabarete Coffee is fantastic! Great bagels & spread, omelettes, smoothies, etc., plus the coffee is great and they share the profits on that with the people who grow it. Has good wi-fi, too. H.

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
I go to Dick's once a week and have never had a bad experience. It's the best bang for the buck, in my opinion. If you don't mind spending too much, Panaderia Clement BKA The Belgium Bakery is good. Cabarete coffee is cute, but I don't think what you get for the money is worth it unless you just get the refillable coffee for 50 pesos.

I am going to have to try Claro's now that it was mentioned.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Cabarete Coffee is fantastic! Great bagels & spread, omelettes, smoothies, etc., plus the coffee is great and they share the profits on that with the people who grow it. Has good wi-fi, too. H.

Curious... how does that work?

They buy the coffee from the producers for a price. Then prepare the coffee and sell it at a mark-up and then, what? Share the mark-up with the producers? Why not just pay a higher price in the first place?

Am not criticizing, just trying to make sense of what you wrote...

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
UPDATE: went to Claro. AMAZING!!!! My boyfriend had the banana bread french toast and I had an egg and potato and bacon breakfast. The best part was this shake that had coffee, peanut butter and Nutella in it. OMG! To die for.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
UPDATE: went to Claro. AMAZING!!!! My boyfriend had the banana bread french toast and I had an egg and potato and bacon breakfast. The best part was this shake that had coffee, peanut butter and Nutella in it. OMG! To die for.

Yeah, it's called a *ahem* "Joe-accino" :D

And since the banana bread french toast is back on special, I may have to get out there tomorrow. They also do a ridiculously awesome Mom's Nutty French Toast (or whatever they call it). It hits the special every few weeks, and is, well... ridiculous.

So hungry...

CLI

Jul 13, 2008
Another vote for Claro Cafe!! Go for the breakfast burrito and coffee. FYI: they are open Tue-Sun, 8am-2pm.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Martini's on the east end of Cabarete is great every time and a big plus is that the beach sellers don't work that area.