What makes DR special to you?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Things that makes DR special to me is the fact that it is able to please me with what ever climate and terraine I want whether I want hot humid, dry, wet, and cold where one has to use firewood and chimneys to keep warm, and the river gets cold and frosty at times.

willieg

Dec 30, 2007
The best part is going to a place where I can completely escape from all of the stress and issues that come with living in NYC. In DR I can have a pleasant conversation at any time with friends and family. In DR you can have a simple life but a good life. I think that DR helps you to evaluate what's really important in life. Life is short so make the best of it with your family and friends. Lastly, in DR I feel free!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is big enough that you don't get Island fever. You can obtain most goods and services at reasonable rates, and if, as inthe past, they are not available, you learn that they really are not that important after all.
It used to be good for kids, and it probably still is, sicne there are tons of stuff for them to do...both outdoors and indoors.

And it is not that far away from the good ol' US of A! Which is a good thing.

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Lastly, in DR I feel free!

I agree with you, this freedom you can also taste it in the air the minute you breathe, it empowers that sense of feeling free.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/20sS5NxsSJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>