Burrito Hut In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I purchased the " Amazing Pork Fajitas " as advertised and for take away.

Cost was $rd 275 and I received a container with rice beans and a pork stir fry and here is the funny part.

They also include sour cream ( enough to paint your finger nail )

Salsa ( enough to say they included it but about the same as the sour cream )

Guacamole was about the size of my middle toe.

This was the second and last time I will go there as there is a better Burrito option available.

Feb 7, 2007
Some people don't know what ($$$) to ask for for a piece of $%^&! Most likely they will be out of business in no time.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
OK , Mike 1 is very negative to Burritto hut

But why is it then always a lot of costumer at this place and some of them regulars ??
I have never tried their "amazing pork fajitas" but like their Burritos and tacos

I very satisfied with their Tacos to 50 peso each and get enough salsa and guacomole and sour cream,

i will eat in their place in the future, 2 taco to 100 peso give me enough food to be little satisfied.

I think they will survive and if you order for more than 300 peso will you get free deliver in Sosua.

I will recommend Mike 1 and other to go back and try this place again and try their Burrotos and Tacos.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i did not eat there when i was in town last week. however, the place was suggested to me by 6 other people who had eaten there recently and were very satisfied.

maybe the person preparing your order was just off that day and not paying attention?

it happens, and any restaurant in the world. occasionaly a bad meal comes out and people arent happy with it or the service.

i dont know who owns the place, and i did not eat there myself, so i have no vested interest in whether you return or not, or if they close down.

but i think its unfair to assume a place is a certain way after one bad experience.

you didnt say what your first visit was like. im guessing it wasnt so bad, since you returned?

its kinda like ordering pizza from a place that guarantees to be there in 30 minutes. the place gets busy, the driver leaves a few minutes late, then he gets lost, and doesnt show up for 45 minutes. then you go on a rant and tell everyone not to ever go there because they false advertise 30 minutes.

or going to eat at a place and they forget to give you something.. or there is a hair in your food. sometimes stuff happens. a hair is my food today doesnt mean there will be one in the food tommorrow.

dont get me wrong, you are completely entitled to your opinion of the place based on your experience. im just being the rational devils advocate.

Reactions: Chrismic

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I,m wondering how many times you should eat in a place before deciding not to go back , its often not there next time I go

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Probably been mentioned somewhere but I can't find it....

Where is Burrito Hut located?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Been there twice and it was good and quick. A good addition to the snack restaurants in Sosua and at the right price. With it being in the middle of Pedro Clisante next to Hideway Bay it gets a lot of passing trade!
OLLY

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Like Olly, I think it's a good addition to the strip. Mike, next time just pinch Maria where ever tickles your fancy, the extra sour cream will always be added.;)

Reactions: mike l

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I thought it was expensive when we went there. $5 is a lot for one burrito in my humblest opinion.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
You think its expensive, you must eat at some cheap places!!!!
The co owner I think you are talking about is Dragon, speak to him he doesnt have an attitude, I think its just a Serbian thing which makes it look like he has an attitude.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I have eaten there several times and it has always been good. The service was up and down with the ammount of customers,usually just one waitress, but if you have a beer, whats the rush. I will keep going back as long as he is open.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
I'm sure you'd agree that it wouldn't happen in a properly set up business.

Remember the old saying about if you give great service, the customer will tell another person, but give bad service, and the customer will tell 10 others.

A business has got to get it right every time.

it happens in EVERY restaurant in the world, that has humans working in it.

that's a fact.

now, that particular person may not have a job the next day, but it still happens.

i've ran more than one businesss. i live by the good 1/bad 10 rule. but humans are humans.

in any business, people make mistakes, and sometimes those mistakes make it to a customer, no matter how hard you try to do otherwise.

now, in a properly run business, those mistakes should be and will be much more rare than when a business is run by someone who has no clue.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
You think its expensive, you must eat at some cheap places!!!!
The co owner I think you are talking about is Dragon, speak to him he doesnt have an attitude, I think its just a Serbian thing which makes it look like he has an attitude.

a serbian... running a burrito shack... in the dominican republic.... :ermm:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Like Olly, I think it's a good addition to the strip. Mike, next time just pinch Maria where ever tickles your fancy, the extra sour cream will always be added.;)

Steve, I was there when they just opened at 4:35 and they did not have change so I paid her but there was no change so she went door to door and I don't have time for that so she received a tip and I just left.

The bottom line here is I do not eat Mexican food that often and the value that Ray's Burrritos at Britannia on Friday night, which is Mexican night provides me a huge Burrito which is loaded with Chunks of Chicken and enough sour cream that I need look no further !

Burrito Hut also serves huge Burritos but mostly with fillers like rice and beans, but without enough salsa, it's a dry tortuga experience.

Senior Chop !

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I thought the food was good. I got the small servings of salsa and just asked for more and got it no problem. Best Mexican I've had on the North Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.