love this place

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We can't have that. You keep that attitude up and we will start adding infractions to your account! :)

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
hahahah see??? I'm starting to understand who's who & what's what... and how ppl are/what they intend, their sarcasm/wit/humour etc. At first a lot of it comes off as being rude, but I suppose that's just the sensitivity coming out not knowing anyone yet. I guess the main lesson to be learned on these boards are to take it with stride & assume nothing ~ wait to lash back if need be... cuz chances are you can just see it as an opportunity to be a sarcastic smartass back!! ;) LOL I think I'll fit in just nicely around here... well, as much as I can without knowing anything about DR just yet. ;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
hahahah see??? I'm starting to understand who's who & what's what... and how ppl are/what they intend, their sarcasm/wit/humour etc. At first a lot of it comes off as being rude, but I suppose that's just the sensitivity coming out not knowing anyone yet. I guess the main lesson to be learned on these boards are to take it with stride & assume nothing ~ wait to lash back if need be... cuz chances are you can just see it as an opportunity to be a sarcastic smartass back!! ;) LOL I think I'll fit in just nicely around here... well, as much as I can without knowing anything about DR just yet. ;)

There is no context meter on the internet. So dudes think you are a raging anti-social maniac instead of a dude with a perverted sense of humor. This is Al Gore's fault.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I'm with you Zap. I have evolved since first comming to the Forums too. It's a lot of fun. We are priviledged with some of the best information and most interesting and diverse opinions posted on any other forum I know. The members of DR1 are truly generous and I am grateful for all that I have learned over the years. When I started I had some of the same reaction as you. Now, I look back on some of my early posts and think about some of my initial impressions, and I think about just how much I didn't know, and how arrogant I could be in my ignorance [ugh, did I use that word? lol].

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There is no context meter on the internet. So dudes think you are a raging anti-social maniac instead of a dude with a perverted sense of humor. This is Al Gore's fault.

Al Gore never meant for the internet to be "perfect" when he invented it. That's why he endowed it with "free will" so that it could choose between right and wrong. Much of the internet will come to worship Al Gore as its creator and the rest will languish for all eternity in cyberhell.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Glad you got it fast so yes you'll fit in just fine, welcome to DR1. Like mi bueno amigo said the other day there's only 1 and no matter how hard we try to escape most always come back :cheeky: