Barahona

barahona barahona

Mar 29, 2011
Hello I am new here in the dr and am currently living in a small town called Barahona.

I am from toronto canada and would like to know how many english speaking people live in my neighbourhood!

Please write me back so we can chat :cheeky:

Have a great day and god bless.

abutt421

Feb 16, 2011
Hi My husband and I am moving to a small town outside of Barahona in a week! How are you liking it? How is the weather?
I have been looking for information on hospitals in Barahona, have you been to any, or know of any good modern hospitals?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Good modern hospitals in Barahona"???? That is the saddest post in weeks...Barahona and the entire surrounding area is part of the "deep South" the very poorest part of the DR. There ARE NO good medical facilities there. People from Barahona go to Santo Domingo for care. (Maybe to Azua, tho the "Japanese" Hospital, but I don't know for sure)

That is not to say that there are no attractions there. IT is one of the most beautiful places around. But it is poor, poor, poor. Articles all last week and the week before in Diario Libre talked about the development of the area, but mostly dreams and what-ifs. The latest talked about 5 star hotels in Azua and Bani??? Yeah, right!! With what water and electricity???

There are some nice little hotels there, you can look them up here on the board. The beaches are not as nice as the East or North. The hills, back in the area of Neiba are really impressive. So is the Lago Enriquillo...below sea level, with alligators and big lizards and stuff...

But, for most of us, it is a place to go, see and get out...

HB

Goll

Mar 10, 2009
True, there are some nice little hotels, the roads are fairly quiet and mostly safe, the sea has stunning colours, and Lago Enriquillo has iguanas capable of chewing up the average family dog.

barahona barahona

Mar 29, 2011
Hello sorry I havn't replied just went to toronto and will be back in a week!

Yes there are good facilities here, as a matter of fact i just happen to know a very respected doctor here in barahona!
Her name is doctor thelma and i would love to introduce you to her when you have a chance.
I will let you know when i get back and we can chat over some great pica pollo

Have a great day!

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Hello!! Me and my kids are in Barahona.. I love it here. I am from New York.

I have never heard of the Dr. Thelma that you speak about. I agree with Hillbilly that most will go to the capital when they need good medical care. If you have health problems though, Barahona is not the place... That is my thoughts on it.

barahona barahona

Mar 29, 2011
I will be back in town by this saturday! If anyone is interested in meeting some top notch doctors in barahona,
Eme back and we can set a time to go by the medical clinic

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!

LecheconPan

May 5, 2011
"Good modern hospitals in Barahona"???? That is the saddest post in weeks...Barahona and the entire surrounding area is part of the "deep South" the very poorest part of the DR. There ARE NO good medical facilities there. People from Barahona go to Santo Domingo for care. (Maybe to Azua, tho the "Japanese" Hospital, but I don't know for sure)

That is not to say that there are no attractions there. IT is one of the most beautiful places around. But it is poor, poor, poor. Articles all last week and the week before in Diario Libre talked about the development of the area, but mostly dreams and what-ifs. The latest talked about 5 star hotels in Azua and Bani??? Yeah, right!! With what water and electricity???

There are some nice little hotels there, you can look them up here on the board. The beaches are not as nice as the East or North. The hills, back in the area of Neiba are really impressive. So is the Lago Enriquillo...below sea level, with alligators and big lizards and stuff...

But, for most of us, it is a place to go, see and get out...

HB
Barahona is a small coastal town in the southern part of the country. Relaxed, Laid back, And with good manners. Nothing else to say.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I love it here! I can't think of a better place to call home than Barahona :)
That's because you've never been to Jarabacoa.

Barahona after May is almost unbearable heat-wise. That whole area is.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
After May?! haha.. I'm dying now! lol.. Nah.. I love the heat!

So today I will try out Barahona's medical. I have been bitten by SOMETHING (no idea what).. My arm is swollen, I have a fever, chills, headache, and pain throughout my arm. It was green yesterday with puss.. today it's not so bad. But still have a fever.. so we will see :)

Jen

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Oh, my. This thread almost sounds like people are spamming to convince others how "fab" Barahona is to live. RichardAlberto trying to unload some property? :cheeky:

I've been living in Barahona for four years. Hillbilly knows what's up with the local health system. I know provincial public health officials, and THEY don't even get medical treatment for themselves or their family in this town for ANYTHING other than a life-threatening emergency. I have also heard some HORROR STORIES about the public hospital and clinics (Santo Tomas and Magnolia). I have enough knowledge of common illnesses to treat myself in the pharmacy; otherwise, I go to Santo Domingo.

Hope your arm hasn't fallen off.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Wow you are such a positive person. Why are you here if you have been here 4 years? Why not go somewhere else if you don't like it? That's funny that you are playing Dr.

Anyway.. no, my arm hasn't fallen off.

I am in no way spamming.. I live here, and love it here.

Jenny

PS-I have lived in Santo Domingo, and spend a lot of time in Higuey. I still love Barahona..