Taxi advice - Santiago to Sosua

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
Hi
First post here everyone. I'll be arriving at the Santiago airport at around 9:30PM. Just wondered how much I should expect to pay for a taxi to Sosua. I've heard both $80 and $100+. Any advice on how to get the best fare? I really don't have much room to negotiate since I'm arriving at a late hour and I have to get to Sosua that night.

I'd take the bus, but there aren't any departures that late.

Thanks and looking forward to my visit.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Hello,

Unfortunately, with your arrival time, you really have no other option than to take a taxi or arrange private transfer. Either one will be about $100, especially since it is at night. If you offer a taxi driver $100 the vast majority them will accept that readily, unless they are scam artists, so you should stay clear of anyone quoting an outrageous fare. (usually Santiago airport doesn't have these as there are few tourists.)

Oddly enough, I am often in a better position when I arrive in Santiago airport around 2am or 3am. (the airport is quite busy at this time with flights arriving and departing routinely from New York and Fort Lauderdale around 1am, 3am, 5am). If I arrive at say 3am, I hang out at the airport for an hour or so, get a taxi to the bus station and get the first bus to the north coast (around 5am)

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
Hi
First post here everyone. I'll be arriving at the Santiago airport at around 9:30PM. Just wondered how much I should expect to pay for a taxi to Sosua. I've heard both $80 and $100+. Any advice on how to get the best fare? I really don't have much room to negotiate since I'm arriving at a late hour and I have to get to Sosua that night.

80 dollars firm.

i personally would not accept just any taxi, especially at night. not on that route.

i use a gentleman named johan. he was recommended to me by another member here, bachata.

i have since used johan for sti to sosua and back on 5 trips now. as well, about 15 of my friends have used his services.

his car is not falling apart, its a brand new toyota camry, in perfect condition. with amazing a/c :) he's ALWAYS on time. and trustworthy.

i'll pm his information to you.

or you can always grab any of the taxi's right there, and offer them 80 bucks. but, you wont know what kind of car you are getting into, or what type of driver it is.

have a safe and fun trip !

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
less expensive but...

Hi

less expensive but... you are too short in time, Caribe Tours,

Santiago - Sosua RD$160.00 9:45pm