Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must do excursions?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Must do excursions?

I will be arriving in PC next week, (6th trip) and am looking for opinions on MUST do excursions.. I have only done one excursion so far given my 6 trips.. and that was Fishing with Mike.. It was great by the way and would recommend his service to anyone...

But I am looking for an excursion that is a MUST do!

Anyone have any recommendations?

I will be staying @ Punta Cana Princess, I am 35 and athletic.

Money is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!

G.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so jealous, lol. I was going to suggest "Punta Cana Mike" but sounds like you heard of him. I haven't been on an excursion with him, but he seems to know his way around & have awesome reviews.

Wishing you all the best, lots of fun etc.

Advertiser
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gerritt_From_Canada View Post
    I will be arriving in PC next week, (6th trip) and am looking for opinions on MUST do excursions.. I have only done one excursion so far given my 6 trips.. and that was Fishing with Mike.. It was great by the way and would recommend his service to anyone...

But I am looking for an excursion that is a MUST do!

Anyone have any recommendations?

I will be staying @ Punta Cana Princess, I am 35 and athletic.

Money is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!

G.
    I guess it really depends on what you are looking for. Punta Cana offers more excursions than most would imagine. Isla Saona is the #1 excursion in the DR and I would consider it a must do. But there are other excursions like zip lining, surfing, horseback riding, cave rappelling, etc.

You can see our ad on dr1.com for tour options in Punta Cana: Caribbean Dream - Tours & Excursions - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

No matter what you choose, make sure you get out and explore more than the resort
    Last edited by Caribbeandreamto; 03-31-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Punta Cana Destination Management Company
    http://dr1.com/directories/Caribbean-Dream.html

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. we are coming from Canada also and will be at the Princess next week. (Coming in Wednesday, the 6th April) We have been told by friends that the Isla Saona trip is well worthwhile, so we will be doing that one, for sure. This will be my first and my wife's second trip to the DR.

Advertiser
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleycat View Post
    Hi. we are coming from Canada also and will be at the Princess next week. (Coming in Wednesday, the 6th April) We have been told by friends that the Isla Saona trip is well worthwhile, so we will be doing that one, for sure. This will be my first and my wife's second trip to the DR.
    Glad to hear you'll be visiting Isla Saona. It really is a beautiful island and a great day outside the resort, but take it easy on the rum

Have a good time.
    Punta Cana Destination Management Company
    http://dr1.com/directories/Caribbean-Dream.html

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you into diving?
    If so, go to the VIK Hotel (next to Punta Cana Princess) to the water sport-center Pelicanosport (they have a website: Pelicanosport.com). There you can do the best diving with real professionals! I am sure you'll have the time of your life!
    Good luck and have a good time!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We went on the safari (I can't remember the exact name) It was I thing OUTBACK SAFARI. This is a great excursion because it really shows you what the country is like and how they live. The guides are awesome and make it soooooo much fun. Fairly inexpensive and a MUST

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions folks! 2 sleeps and counting!

Valleycat, see you at the swim up bar! I'm buying

G

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventures

@ the OP - you went fishing with Mike Fisher (btw he has recently bought a new boat and now runs some new types of fishing tours).

PuntaCana Mike is a different Mike - he runs probably the best quality culture tour in Punta Cana. It caters to small groups and will show you the true off the beaten path stuff Home - Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventure You can only book online and not via hotel tour reps.

You can also try surfing with Macao Surf Camp give them a call 809 430 9017 / 809 882 2331 email: [email protected]

Or take a segway tour with Segway Caribe (available via most hotel reps and watersports centers) They are based on the grounds of Puntacana Ecological Foundation and their tour goes to the freshwater lagoons and some of the most stunnning private beaches in Punta Cana. Email: [email protected] or look them up on Facebook. Tel: 829 470 1367/8

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Valleycat, see you at the swim up bar! I'm buying

G[/QUOTE]

I'll hold ya to that! Look for the bald guy with the goatee and the tattoo of a rose and the Bruin's "B" on my left forearm...yup, I'm a Bruins fan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast