Depressing

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
Everyday I come to dr1 b/c it's an escape for me... plus I'm learning. I have a weather comparison on my homepage online from where I live to Punta Cana.... it's funny to see the differences most days. We started having better weather lately, coming into spring, and then today woke up and it's snowing. :ermm: Our temperature is currently three degrees celcius. :tired: Blah... it makes me wanna be there even more, lol. I want WARMTH & sunshine! It's so depressing to see grey skies & snow. I'm SICK of it.

When I went on vacation to Punta Cana in January it was incredible weather ~ coming home was SO depressing. Getting of the plane, even just stepping off the plane it was FREEZING. Then driving home seeing all the snow, cold, grey skies & filthy ground cuz of the wet/muck SO depressing. I cried for nearly two weeks when I came home. Seriously.

No real point to this... just wanted any of you in DR to know how lucky you are for the sunshine & warmth. ;) We have cold, bleak snow. Blech.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Uggg NYC has had a normal winter, meaning lots of snow, rain, cold but actually no below zero that I can recall but I am so ready for spring and still its not coming fast enough.

Hey drink some Vitamin D supplemnts!!!

Cheer up!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Africaida

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
lol good idea!! I probably should cuz I've felt stuck in a rut the last couple of days. Deprived of the good ole vitamin D for sure. ;) Amazing tho what seeing the sun can do for one's spirit. Yesterday it shone & was decent out temperature wise. LOVED it, felt in better spirits. Today I just wanna curl up in my duvet & drift asleep til summer, lol. Ah but who would feed the kids & cats? lol ;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yes I sympathize with you... It is the constant sunshine here which really makes life so pleasant.. and perhaps keep the locals so happy in spite of their life circumstances.

I used to suffer from seasonally affective disorder,, which meant that

as a friend observed

i was "suicidal in January, homicidal in February and in March, we had a two for one special"

so I remember the cold dark days of winter

suggest that you get full spectrum light bulbs

and try to dance a bit of merengue or bachata every day

easy on the Brugal

Reactions: Africaida

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Yes I sympathize with you... It is the constant sunshine here which really makes life so pleasant.. and perhaps keep the locals so happy in spite of their life circumstances.

I used to suffer from seasonally affective disorder,, which meant that

as a friend observed

i was "suicidal in January, homicidal in February and in March, we had a two for one special"

so I remember the cold dark days of winter

suggest that you get full spectrum light bulbs

and try to dance a bit of merengue or bachata every day

easy on the Brugal

LMAO !!

Dancing is my therapy too. Take some classes, it is a lot of fun. I am into Salsa, it brings a lot of sunshine into my life :bunny:

Muevete pa aca, muevete pa alla
Oye repica bien el bongo
Que no se acaba, que no se acaba, hay no no

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
My cure for the Cloudy Winter Pittsburgh Blues: sometimes I just put on a flowered Hawaiian shirt... makes a great first layer under a wool sweater. LOL

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
lol great ideas!! ;)

I actually started going to Zumba classes last month & they are the highlight of my week. Truly changing my entire feeling inside & out. I need to get tapes or something to do at home when I'm feeling this way. It's my week off right now so I have more time to see the weather too... and daydream. lol

But definitely music & dancing help change moods. I agree completely.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Making love takes the depression away instantly.

That's my remedy here in the NY cold.

Better days will cum. lol:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky: (pun intended)

Last edited:

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011

Even more depressing.... I'm single, lol. Well I suppose that's how you look at it.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
My depression ends tomorrow am at 6:45...butt on a plane...destination...Punta Cana...ohhhhh i can feel the sun and taste the Ron already.....

Puedo tener dos ron y refrescos de cola Por Favor;)

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
My depression ends tomorrow am at 6:45...butt on a plane...destination...Punta Cana...ohhhhh i can feel the sun and taste the Ron already.....

Puedo tener dos ron y refrescos de cola Por Favor;)

Gee, thanks! That helped. lol :bored:

I wanna go!!! ;)

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Gee, thanks! That helped. lol :bored:

I wanna go!!! ;)

It wasn't meant to be hurtful....just happy for me;)...so sorry for you...Cheer up, dance, live life like your there...and count down the days until your return

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
It wasn't meant to be hurtful....just happy for me;)...so sorry for you...Cheer up, dance, live life like your there...and count down the days until your return

Oh no... I was teasing. I'm thrilled for you. Just jealous. ;)

I hope you have an incredible time.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

Especially with a Dominican York....they know what to do, how to do it, and you can listen to Lil' Wayne afterwards!

SHALENA

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Even more depressing.... I'm single, lol. Well I suppose that's how you look at it.

Then it is not the cold but the fact the you get laid in DR but not when you come home.

So sorry!!!!!! just kidding. Dont start crying now.

Hey, if you are from NY, I can hook you up.;)

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
Then it is not the cold but the fact the you get laid in DR but not when you come home.

So sorry!!!!!! just kidding. Dont start crying now.

Hey, if you are from NY, I can hook you up.;)

Oh, getting laid is easy, if I wanted that.... just not in the mood to 'lay' random guys. Besides the 'high' of that is only temporary. lol

And no, I'm not from NY... but I'll keep you in mind should I ever venture that way & wanna be pimped out. ;) lol