Hair clippers have enough juice?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Will hair clippers as in Barbers tools have enough juice if brought in from the uK. I know hot irons and dryers do but clippers are a bit different, they may not cut as well;
Any idea?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hair clippers purchased here or from the US have no issue. Do the ones from the UK need 220 volts? If so they will only work on 220 volt outlets.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hair clippers purchased here or from the US have no issue. Do the ones from the UK need 220 volts? If so they will only work on 220 volt outlets.

Hmmm thats what thought, but the dryers and hot tongues Ive brought from the UK have not had a issue, thought might be the same, but long shot and the answer is no, lol. Damn. Anyone clocked the price of these things, Ive never even noticed them for sale.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You need look no further than your nearest Plaza Lama.
( I would order them from the US, Wahl is a good brand with an entire kit going for about $20 plus shipping).

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Will hair clippers as in Barbers tools have enough juice if brought in from the uK. I know hot irons and dryers do but clippers are a bit different, they may not cut as well;
Any idea?

Try and get your hands on one of these
Transformer.jpg

This is a 110v to 240v step-up transformer that we use to power low wattage (up to 45W) items including our Babyliss hair clippers - they work great without 'dragging' the hair out of your head as 240v would do if powered on 110v & with my litle thatch it needs trimming regularly LOL!

You can get them from Amazom (US & UK) for approx ?7:00.

We are back in Sosua on the 23rd April (for 3 weeks) and would love to let you have the spare one we have if you can pop round and pick it up. Alternatively, we can leave it with Rick at Rockys so you can collect it at your leisure (is that's OK with Rick :cheeky:).
PM us if we can help.

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif