need to rent a vehicle for trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
Hi folks, I will be traveling to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Playa Dorada Complex) in late May 2011 ..... I need to rent a small reliable 4?4 for no more than 6 days. Does anyone know a rental agency that won't charge me a crazy rate? ..... I'm also open to renting the vehicle to a private person who rents vehicles. thanks!

note: I'm only 22 years old

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Car Rental

Hi:

I stayed in the Puerta Plata, Sosua, Cabrarate area for many years. I have used a car rental company named Universal Rental Car. They are located in Cabarate and will meet you at the airport with the car. They rent Suzuki Grand Vitaras, Chevy Trackers and Toyoto 4 x 4 . It will probably cost about $50.00 a day. Check out Cars Rent Dominican Republic

S

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Why do you want a 4x4? Unless you have a pressing need to go out and explore unpaved back roads, you won't need it. From the major companies a small SUV will cost about double the rate of an economy car. Mom and pop operations may offer a somewhat better price for that type of vehicle. I'm not sure now, but at one time some companies would not rent to anyone under 25.

Dec 21, 2008
Hi:

I stayed in the Puerta Plata, Sosua, Cabrarate area for many years. I have used a car rental company named Universal Rental Car. They are located in Cabarate and will meet you at the airport with the car. They rent Suzuki Grand Vitaras, Chevy Trackers and Toyoto 4 x 4 . It will probably cost about $50.00 a day. Check out Cars Rent Dominican Republic

S

I've used Universal many times. David or his rep will meet you at the airport etc. I have also negotiated a rate with him in the past as have other people I know.

I don't know if they rent to anyone under age 25 but you can contact him and ask. He speaks excellent English.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Hi folks, I will be traveling to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (Playa Dorada Complex) in late May 2011 ..... I need to rent a small reliable 4?4 for no more than 6 days. Does anyone know a rental agency that won't charge me a crazy rate? ..... I'm also open to renting the vehicle to a private person who rents vehicles. thanks!

note: I'm only 22 years old

Avoid Europecar!

Status
Not open for further replies.