Absolute identity theft, OMG, dangerous!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I had absolute identity theft from my emails work account.
I had to use a net cafe a couple of weeks ago, and on my leaving it looks like someone took over and really screwed me over.
I had a call from my boss asking about all these deals I'd made worth millions, me not knowing a thing about what was going on, I'm in Europe and have been for a while.
My clients had been physically called by this fraud so he has some bollox.
I'm in a right mess at work through this.

It so happened my father got an email from an anon address saying I was in hospital, obviously I wasn't, he knew I was in France and well. We didn't know to put that down to anything until now.
My account access has been changed and I'm unable to access what damage has been done yet. I have it suspended and I will beable to sort that out, but the damage done could be catastrophic to my personal life and my client base doesn't bare thinking about.
Feeling quite sick.
But it is my stupid fault after all isn't it.

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
I had absolute identity theft from my emails work account.
I had to use a net cafe a couple of weeks ago, and on my leaving it looks like someone took over and really screwed me over.
I had a call from my boss asking about all these deals I'd made worth millions, me not knowing a thing about what was going on, I'm in Europe and have been for a while.
My clients had been physically called by this fraud so he has some bollox.
I'm in a right mess at work through this.

It so happened my father got an email from an anon address saying I was in hospital, obviously I wasn't, he knew I was in France and well. We didn't know to put that down to anything until now.
My account access has been changed and I'm unable to access what damage has been done yet. I have it suspended and I will beable to sort that out, but the damage done could be catastrophic to my personal life and my client base doesn't bare thinking about.
Feeling quite sick.
But it is my stupid fault after all isn't it.

Wow it's amazing what these guys will do...very scary! Hope everything gets worked out! :surprised

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i don't use internet cafes to check my emails as many have keylogger spy program installed. This program will steal your password along with anything you type. Many guys in DR use this to steal passwords belonging to girls.
AZB

Dan Spinnover

Nov 1, 2010
Hope that it works out for you soon.

I naively and/or stupidly used an internet cafe once in the DR. The computer had one of those keylogger virus programs on it. Fortunately, Thank God... the damage was minimal. I found that the program was sending spam about a website to click on- to everybody in my address book. It would also delete my 'sent' mail...so that it wasn't that easy to detect. I noticed it because my own email address was in my address book, and I received mail sent by 'me'. Once I changed the pw, it was over.