Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Job for a Dominican chica

In the USA just about anyone can work for a fast food joint e.g McDonalds or a supermarket. Is it the same in D.R? I have a female friend (no kids) who at 19 years old is going to school twice a week for a total of 4 hours to get her bachillerato (she dropped out and has returned in adult program). I am insisting that for me to "help" her further financially she must be viably occupied for a whole lot more hours than 4 a week. I know it will be a very low wage, its just trying to get her to develop some type of work ethic. She speaks very little english and lives in Puerto Plata. Give me some options to suggest to her!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion to you: forget it. If she cant envision a better life for herself, there is no help you can offer that will be sustainable. Find friends who dont need help. She just wants YOU to accept the responsibility for her life than she refuses to. How futile is that?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down A Dominican Will ONLY "Work",.......

When they have exhausted ALL OTHER ALTERNATIVES!!!!!!!!
    Thousands of us have walked in your shoes!!!!!!
    Throw away the shoes,or just enjoy the great sex with her,and forget about "Changing Her Life For The Better"!
    "YOU",are the "BETTER"!
    Before you,someone else was her "BETTER",and after you leave,someone else will be her "BETTER"!
    Do you think she is with you because you are so young,great looking,and have so much incommon with her????:cheeky

Cris Colon
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

there is no job for her. i saw an article few weeks ago that stated the unemployment in POP region is 38%. she has no skill, no languages and no education. i am sorry to dissapoint you but options are very limited. unless someone is the family has a hotdog cart and needs someone to pour ketchup on sausages her only other chance is working with a different kind of sausage in playa dorada.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Does She Like Her New Stove,and "Fridge"??

How about the "Flowers",and "Cake"??????
    God Help You!!!!!

It was once said:

"There Is No Fool,
    Like An Old Fool!!"

I KNOW,bought a few "Fridges" in my Hay day too!

Cris Colonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha, I was afraid this thread might go in this direction....RacerX and Chriss Colon your points are well taken and valid......I am of Caribbean descent, and grew up in a country with SOME of the traits as D.R so I am aware of the pitfalls (shucks, I am more frustrated by my relatives back in my birthland constantly hitting me up for help) .....Racer, Chrisss or Anyone out there that can help with the names of absolute entry level jobs that I can offer to her in D.R next time I am there? I travel there monthly! And plese ignore the I am being used comments, I am a big boy that just needs this info at this moment. I promise I'll update yall!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dv8;958050]there is no job for her. i saw an article few weeks ago that stated the unemployment in POP region is 38%. she has no skill, no languages and no education. i am sorry to dissapoint you but options are very limited.

Wow, that is indeed disappointing! Working for little or close to nothing is one thing and should be a rite of passage for someone without any educational credentials (She has one year left for H.S equivalent) , but if you are saying that there is just nothing thats available , period, that is downright scary. Thanks for your response

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

qualified people struggle for work let alone someone who is young, has no experience, no languages, no education and is of breeding age (yes, dominican employer WILL take that into account). this is why i sugggested family business. maybe someone in her family needs a girl to attend a food cart, flower stand, nail salon. other that that she may, i think, apply to la sirena for a position of cashier/packer/shelf filler. money is crap but at least it is a job.
    sorry, man, reality bites.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    other that that she may, i think, apply to la sirena for a position of cashier/packer/shelf filler. money is crap but at least it is a job.

Actually, this is very helpful info. Anyone else any entry entry entry level job suggestions

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find that there are Dominicans with university degrees working some of those crappy jobs at La Sirena. Worth a shot though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast