Looking for a house

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Can anyone on the board recommend a good real estate attorney? Looking to rent a house in Santo Domingo Este in the 20,000 monthly range and it is my understanding that connected attorneys may have inventories of available properties. Thanks in advance.

cjosa

Apr 5, 2011
Were in the east this can make a big difference in relation to price and area.An area to look at which is ok is san isidro lots of apartements buing built close to the air force base so mainly proffesional people living or moving here.Sorry cant help with the lawyer.My wife has one in the family sorry to say i wouldnt trust any dominican lawyer its not exactly a doctorate to gain the licence.Saying that most apartement complexs deal with all that for you .There are some nice apartments opposite Diario Libro in that price range plus theres a lot of english speakers working in the trade free zone so a lot of ingles speakers are taking the apartments .Makes all the difference living in the capital in the so called middle class area when theres plenty of ex pats quiet and no dominicans screming for kids to come in at all hours.Down side the doms that live here act like there in buckingham palace but hey its a small price to pay for a quiet life in the capital.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Thanks Cjosa but....

This is for a woman with 3 kids and a lot of family members living in Los Mamayes. Her church is there and she attends about three times per week, so the San Isidrio area is about as far away as practical. Also with the kids a house would be better than an apartment and ex-pat comfort is last on the list. Sorry I should have given more info in the original post.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
20 k on that side of the bridge shouuld be able to get you a very nice house. As long as you don't need to cross the bridge everyday then life can be OK over there. We were considering it because we have an office in Alma Rosa a and I was sick of traffic. There is a lot of "middle class" development in some areas and the apartments and houses are nice and relatively cheap.
It is dirtier, people are usually a little darker and poorer but the cost savings can be worth it for some people as long as you dont have to travel during rush hour. That part of the city is growing rapidly and has improved a lot. Saying you live there does not have the stigma that it once did.

nadie

Apr 6, 2011
Hi, even thought I have been reading post and doing most of my DR findings here, this is the first time I make a post. If the person who's looking for the house speaks spanish, I could recommend a family member of mine. Dr. Laura Tejeda is a great lawer with many years of experience in the real state business. She's definitely worth a try. Let me know if you're still at need.

==
nadie
A Paso de vencedores

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Too bad mine is too far away. It is out by the Hippodrom. Just getting ready to finish it up the first week in June. Definately within your budget.