scuba diving in the DR

C

Ceri Evans

Any information on best sites for diving, equipment hire etc..
greatly appreciated.

P

Partyboys

Sosua is the best place.
Try the 5 star Padi in town.
//FS

J

Joan Bourque

For a 2 week trip to DR is it worth it to se two locations for scuba diving, for example Sosua and Barahona?

Is it easy to drive from one place to another, etc.

What are the two best places for experienced divers. Are there small guest houses to stay in or must we be in hotel complexes for safety?

Thanks for your help, Joan

H

Henry

From Sosua to Baharona it is about one day driving only! I believe there are plenty of nice places arround Sosua to try and not having to go through the whole country! I have no personal diving expierience here and this board has never provided much to my knowledge, but you may find interesting places in the bay of Samana, all along the north coast or drive up to Monte Cristi and have a look arround over there! I have no idea, but there could be the possibility to rent a boat and go for the silverbanks, this is offshore but very interesting corals and reefs to look at! And it belongs as far as I know to the DR! They have found a couple old ships over there, but I assume you know about it (Nuestra se?ora de la concepcion etc.)!

Have a great time!

Henry

M

martin

The Luperon area is full of great hidden diving spots, once their, contact the local dive-master Ricardo, and he'll tell you all about it...

S

Sarah

Email your questions to Michael at Coral Sea Divers & Pro Aqua in Barahona: coral.dive@codetel.net.do. He will be very helpful.