Bavaro/Punta Cana to Santo Domingo, express service, not higuey change

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Anyone tell me for sure what time the express busses are at weekends (fri, sat,sun) from Bavaro/PC. Which specific ones don't require jumping off and diving on another in higuey? I spoke to the dumb bint on the phone line but she has the intelligence level of a decapitated goat, at best.

I know it has been done to death but not on the express specific!

Tah vry much!!!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
7AM, 10 AM, 2PM, that I know about. There might be one more at 4PM, but I am not sure of this. You get it next to the Politur in Bavaro.

Nice, AC, bus. Price is about 300rd.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Expreso B?varo buses are all direct. It's the other company that leaves from Parque Enriquillo that only goes as far as Higuey.

Buses leave in both directions at 7, 8, 10am; 2 and 3pm.
The 8am and 3pm buses are to/from the airport.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The Expreso B?varo buses are all direct. It's the other company that leaves from Parque Enriquillo that only goes as far as Higuey.

Buses leave in both directions at 7, 8, 10am; 2 and 3pm.
The 8am and 3pm buses are to/from the airport.

just clarify that for my chiri please. The 8am and 3pm buses go via the airport to SD, or they are separate buses that go from the airport to the stop to get the bus to SD?

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Now you mention it I'm not sure how it works in that direction (PC airport to Santo Domingo) - it may not be direct strictly speaking. My husband says the guaguas from the bus stop on the main road outside the airport will take you to the Sitrabapu stop in Ver?n free of charge and you get the direct SD bus from there. I'll double check and if it's any different I'll get back to you.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Ah, this could be my downfall, when I jump on the veron bus I have to change at higuey which is an ass as it always seems to be a mad dash from one to the other.
Maybe more run through veron that aren't capital buses, well thts obvious.
I just want to know how I can be sure to get the express and where from for sure as I am moving lots of stuff, and we are going to try the impossible and meet on the same bus getting on at different stops, oooohhh, changing would be a pain.
If you can ask Pedrito if he knows it would be cool, cheers chiri!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The thing is, there are only 5 direct Expreso B?varo buses a day at those times, but there are regular Ver?n-Higuey buses throughout the day. To get the direct bus you'd have to specify you want the Expreso and arrive in time for their set departures: the office/stop is near the Cruce de Ver?n at Plaza Genaro.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Cheers Chiri, once I've figured out plaza Genaro (its the one with the big claro shop out front init?) I should manage............................to still make a pigs ear of it, lol, but thanks, I am officially pathetic with public transport, if I'm not driving it I usually end up going in the wrong direction:ermm:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Plaza Genaro is about 150 metres further on from the newish, emptyish shopping centre at the Ver?n crossroads.