Any of You Know or Have Been to Cabrera?

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Gang!

I wrote some time ago looking for work in the DR, and I'm feeling preeetyyy hopeful that an upcoming interview is going to grant me a job I really want in Cabrera!

So question: Have any of you been to, or lived in (or currently still do!) Cabrera? I have been to Playa Grande but only for day trips when I lived in Cabarete...

I'd love to know about small places to rent, what the local area's like, any must-see places or stay-away?

Thanks for your input! I hope to hear from you! :)

Anna

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just type Cabrera in the search box and you will get volumes of information.....restaurants, sights to see...... many more than I can write here

WW

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Just type Cabrera in the search box and you will get volumes of information.....restaurants, sights to see...... many more than I can write here

WW

Make sure that you use the 'advanced' search function and search the titles.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
thanks guys! I'll definitely check out La Entrada!
Google search, when provided only with Cabrera, reveals precious little, but I'll look into the advanced option.

Thanks! :)

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Awesome. Thanks guys! I'm going to do that search right now!
PS...how far is Cabrera from Playa Grande? (I'll be taking the 5-year-old to the beach on the weekends if we do go) :)

I love DR1....you guys are SO helpful (especially you, MaineGirl, and I hope someday we'll meet in the DR!) If I go, I owe you all a drink :)

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Hi Lolitula
I live very near Cabrera. PM me with any specific questions you might have. Cabrera is way cool! Kozy

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi Anna,

I live right in the town of Cabrera and have for three years now. My husband and I run a small educational program (The Esperanza Project) during the school year and a free day camp for kids through the summer months. Cabrera is an absolutely lovely little town with some of the friendliest people in the world. My husband and I have never felt so much at home as we do here. If you have any questions about the town, please feel free to send me a pm.

Playa Grande is about a 10 - 15 minute drive from Cabrera by car. You can also grab a gua gua there along the main road which only takes a few minutes longer due to stops. Certainly close enough to head to on the weekends or even after work in the afternoons to watch the sunset! :)

I have a map of Cabrera and list of natural attractions in the area that we send to all our school / camp volunteers which I can send you via email if you'd like. The map also lists lots of great restaurant/bars in the town.

Again, if you have any questions about the town, feel free to ask!