Guide for Colonial Zone

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Can you recommend a guide for the Colonial Zone? I have had two guides with ID cards lead me around the Colonial City in the past two years. Both ended up being less than professional in their presentations. I'm looking for an English speaker who knows about the Columbus House and who could meet with me in advance of the tour to plan out the afternoon. Thanks! -Kevin

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Can you recommend a guide for the Colonial Zone? I have had two guides with ID cards lead me around the Colonial City in the past two years. Both ended up being less than professional in their presentations. I'm looking for an English speaker who knows about the Columbus House and who could meet with me in advance of the tour to plan out the afternoon. Thanks! -Kevin

This is all the guide you'll need:

Colonial Zone Guide, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Stay away from self proclaimed "guides" as most are useless and bring your Berlitz book and a ($20) Franklin electronic translator so you can interface with vendors, shopkeepers and staff personnel directly. There are people at each location of note who can answer any questions and there's tons of literature on the sights.

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
I speak sufficient Spanish. That's not the problem. I enjoyed the guides' knowledge of the history of the different furniture pieces. Is all of that in a Berlitz book? If so, I'll have to find one somewhere around here in SD. Maybe at that Thesaurus bookstore... I enjoyed the experience of being lead though those sites by a guide, I just didn't like their quality. That's why I'm seeking recommendations here.