FLASH: Leonel is NOT running.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Leonel Fernandez just announced that he will not run.

First time inthe historyof the DR that this happens.

Says that he will put the 2.2 million signatures at the disposition of the PLD party's candidate.

Major breakthrough...

Well done Sr. Presidente. First time I have ever said that!@!

HB

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I saw that too. Excellent - appears to be integrity at work.

And is his wife our next president???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was listening to him on zeta 101. i thought i was the only dumba** who actually paid attention :)
nice speech too.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Says that he will put the 2.2 million signatures at the disposition of the PLD party's candidate.

What a great country!

Regardless of whom you select, that person can re-distribute your choice to whichever candidate they want.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
*cough*

Just like the economic prediction...

And the last election prediction...

And... DR1ers should just learn to listen!

I usually don't do this. I simply give my opinion, have DR1ers go against me, then later watch 90% of my predictions come true, and suddenly the naysayers are nowhere to be found, can even hear the crickets in the background. Hmmm...

OK, I'm off to oblivion again... :cheeky:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
y pa lante vamos!

Palente with Hippo and the PRD, the ones that call the PLD "los comes solos" only because they are not allowed to get rich by practicing their corruptions? Also the ones that bakrupt the country 2000-2004?

I don't know what people are thinking of but I guess the only bright side to having Hippo is that maybe he would bankrupt the country for good this time, triggering a halt to all constructions projects due to the peso going down to RD$ 100 pesos to 1 US Dollar.

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
Palente with Hippo and the PRD, the ones that call the PLD "los comes solos" only because they are not allowed to get rich by practicing their corruptions? Also the ones that bakrupt the country 2000-2004?

I don't know what people are thinking of but I guess the only bright side to having Hippo is that maybe he would bankrupt the country for good this time, triggering a halt to all constructions projects due to the peso going down to RD$ 100 pesos to 1 US Dollar.

couldnt agree with you more. so let me get this straight Leonel wins in 96, Hippo wins in 00 and again we go baacccck to Leonel in 04 and now people want to let Hippo do as he pleases with our tax money until 2016. so we are going to be in this same situation for 20 years. Jesus Christ i guess it never will end. there is not one candidate that is worthy of being president. i guess if i had to vote for anyone it would maybe be either Eduardo Estrella or Danilo Medina. More Medina than Estrella they are the least worst of the bunch. god help us all.....

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I usually don't do this. I simply give my opinion, have DR1ers go against me, then later watch 90% of my predictions come true, and suddenly the naysayers are nowhere to be found, can even hear the crickets in the background. Hmmm...
Come on, Nals, you know you are the only revered guru down here in DR1 !!!
We couldn't make it ever without you...
As a matter of fact, you've just about predicted everything, and we really shall make sure to let people know...
We humble DR1ers are in debts with such a Mahatma !
Nals, let's ask Robert right now for a special mention under your nickname, you bring such an enlightenment in each one of your post !
;)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Have you seen the way Hipo have change? Watch the way he talk in public, now he is more analitic. Some experts in DR politics says he has grown in this matter cause all the mistakes made in his past administration.

He is going to make a good 2012/2016 government!

Los tropesones hacen que uno levante los pies!!!!

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Come on, Nals, you know you are the only revered guru down here in DR1 !!!
We couldn't make it ever without you...
Nals, let's ask Robert right now for a special mention under your nickname, you bring such an enlightenment in each one of your post !

How about "A legend in his own mind"?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The 2003/2004 mess I blame on Ramon Buenaventura B?ez Figueroa. And on the inablility of the PRD to curb itself in the self interest of self preservation in power.

These last 8 years of the PLD have shown us the insatiable appetite of this "organized" party: To serve the party is to serve the people is their motto! And people don't get it.

As for the "better" candidates? Eduardo, who I really like as a person, is just not charismatic enough to run an administration. It would be a fiasco. The same for Guillermo Moreno and the left. They don't know diddly squat about running a government...all theory, no real knowledge. As for Danilo? Ehh...maybe, if he can get elected. He has a lot of political savvy, so he might pull it off. The PRD can't seem to get their act together, but if they ever do, they are a powerful force.

Margarita? I don't think so.

Gonna be an interesting year.

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
probably not the right place for this, but maybe it is.

LOS DOCE "CO?OS" M?S FAMOSOS DE LA HISTORIA
1.- ?Cu?ndo "co?o" va a parar esta lluvia?
(No?, a?o 430 A .C.).

2.- ?C?mo "co?o" se te ocurri? eso?
(La madre de Pit?goras, a?o 126 A.C.).

3.- ???"Co?o", qu? calor!!!
(Juana de Arco, a?o 1431).

4.- ?Cu?ndo "co?o" vamos a llegar?
(Crist?bal Col?n, a?o 1492).

5.- ?C?mo "co?o" quieren que pinte el techo?
(Miguel ?ngel, a?o 1566).

6.- ?Qu? "co?o" te has tomado Julieta?
(Romeo, a?o 1595).

7.- ?De d?nde "co?o" han salidos todos estos indios?
(General Custer,1887 )

8.- ?Por d?nde "co?o" entra tanta agua?
(Capt. Smith, SMS Titanic, 1912).

9.- ?Por qu? "co?o" no entend?is esto?
(Einstein, a?o 1938).

10.- Vamos M?nica, ?qu? te pasa? ?Qui?n "co?o" se va a dar cuenta?
(Bill Clinton, 1997).

11.- ?Qu? "co?o" hacemos ahora?
(Barack Obama, 2009).

12.- Y ahora, ?por qui?n "co?o" votamos?
(millones de DOMINICANOS, PARA EL A?O 2012).

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
They should amend the constitution to forbid former presidents from running again. That will eliminate "El come hierba" Hipolito, and "El come solo" Leonel.

May 12, 2005
Well Leonel not running is a good thing for the country. It sends the message that no 1 person is greater or more important than the whole.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hipolito will not win. and it is not because dominicans are reasonable and they remember what halfwit he is is and how he dragged the country under the mud.
hipolito will not win because dominicans are reasonable people and they vote where money is and money is not with hipolito. the richer will win and the richer is PLD. hipolito has no money and he will get none because of this little, jealous spoiled brat who does not know how to lose and who happens to be running PRD. miguelito is not the type of a bambino who gives up and runs to his mommy because other kid in a sandpit took his toys. oh no, miguelito is a little urchin who will get a stone and break the toy so that no one else can play with it. i just cannot see him honestly supporting PRD candidate, unless it is him, of course. hell, he will vote PLD just out of spite.

i can see margarita. margarita does PLD colors but she does not do PLD. margarita does all good, you know - the poor, the kids, the women, the future. she's already in all newspapers, photo shopped like a playboy girl, serious face, eyes set on a bright horizon. they are selling her well. nice marketing, dudes!

:ermm:
:paranoid:
:tired:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Have you seen the way Hipo have change? Watch the way he talk in public, now he is more analitic. Some experts in DR politics says he has grown in this matter cause all the mistakes made in his past administration.

He is going to make a good 2012/2016 government!

Los tropesones hacen que uno levante los pies!!!!

JJ
Hip?lito is not going to win. That man was born to be the president only once, a very bad president to boot!

OK, now I'll bookmark this thread and on May 2012, as I cough again on DR1, I'll refer to this post as a reminder.

Some people hate it, but hey... that's their problem, not mine. :cheeky: