Importing Boat, truck and Trailer

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Other than titles what else is needed? Who determines the value for customs and duties?? On the truck they probably have a good reference but how will they determine the value of the boat and trailer? My wife wants to move back and we have a hose there. I know that we can bring in all of out "Household items" without a problem. But I really dont want to leave my truck and boat in the states seeing how both are paid for. Truck is a 2003 Ford F250 Diesel and the boat is a 2007 Center Console like Contender. Thanks for any help.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Other than titles what else is needed? Who determines the value for customs and duties?? On the truck they probably have a good reference but how will they determine the value of the boat and trailer? My wife wants to move back and we have a hose there. I know that we can bring in all of out "Household items" without a problem. But I really dont want to leave my truck and boat in the states seeing how both are paid for. Truck is a 2003 Ford F250 Diesel and the boat is a 2007 Center Console like Contender. Thanks for any help.
THEY determine the values and YOU don't get to contest them

You'll get screwed on the '03 truck. Big Time. Consider leaving that one at home. It falls outside the "freebie" import rule because of age.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
5 years is the age allowed to import vehicles.... as above, you're screwed.
They use their own formula/schedule to determine value.

Get a good freight company.... it'll help Try Hispaniola Freight in SDQ. They have a website

WW

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Does the same age restriction apply to boats also?? I had a feeling I would get screwed on the truck but it has the coveanted 7.3L diesel. The best one Ford ever made. Everyone that sees it asks if I want to sell it. Need something I can pull the boat with If I decide against leaving it at a marina. I know pulling it in DR will be like a suicide mission though.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
if you can import it as a commercial vehicle, the 5 years restriction does not apply and a 7.3L diesel, I assume dually, certainly can classify as commercial.

g'luck