Looking For Surveyor (Agrimensor) in Puerto Plata Region

mi-casa-tu-casa.com

Apr 11, 2011
Has anyone found a reliable surveyor (agrimensor) in the Puerto Plata region? Sos?a, Cabarete, even Rio San Juan will do. But someone who will do the job withour lingering. Thanks,
WMT

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
For a deslinde you need more than a surveyor, you need a lawyer. A deslinde is a legal matter having a surveying component. The right way of obtaining a deslinde is hiring a lawyer to oversee the process and recommend you a surveyor.

mi-casa-tu-casa.com

Apr 11, 2011
Realize that

Yes, I realize that a lawyer has to have his input and we have a lawyer. However, my experience is that if the surveyor is hired by the client the price drops by 35%. The lawyers tend to take a hefty commission.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Any current recommendations on both lawyer and surveyor for buying a small piece of land in Costambar/Puerto Plata?
Is the geo-localization (lat and long) now a standard requirement?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Any current recommendations on both lawyer and surveyor for buying a small piece of land in Costambar/Puerto Plata?
Is the geo-localization (lat and long) now a standard requirement?
Please let us know who you find. I suspect the good ones have a waiting list.

If you are looking at buying land, ask if it has a title. (I suspect you did already)

Keep in mind the process for getting a survey done takes a long time (over a year I think) and receiving the title for the land takes even longer.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Please let us know who you find. I suspect the good ones have a waiting list.

If you are looking at buying land, ask if it has a title. (I suspect you did already)

Keep in mind the process for getting a survey done takes a long time (over a year I think) and receiving the title for the land takes even longer.
Yes I am looking at buying a lot in Costambar. It has a title registered with the Tribunal de tierras. All of Costambar has been deslinded. What I think I need is someone to verify that the red posts that can be found on the lot are still at the spot they should be and it matches the existing title, then I can proceed with the contract, and register the title in my name at the Tribunal de Tierras.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes I am looking at buying a lot in Costambar. It has a title registered with the Tribunal de tierras. All of Costambar has been deslinded. What I think I need is someone to verify that the red posts that can be found on the lot are still at the spot they should be and it matches the existing title, then I can proceed with the contract, and register the title in my name at the Tribunal de Tierras.
Almost any lawyer dealing in land acquisition....etc will have the names of several surveyors.

Reactions: Neargale

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you have a copy of the deslinde and title the description should have a point of beginning. If that is a readily recognizable point you can check it yourself with a minimum of engineering or math knowledge, which most educated Western men possess.
Check dimensions between posts (reduce slope dimensions to horizontal distance) check distance from point of beginning etc.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Since the lots are already with deslinde there is no legal process that you require, simply a verification of the survey. That should be both quick and cheap. Usually they are easy to find.