Help!!

Dec 21, 2008
Mr Silver Fox and I have to drive from Sosua to Punta Cana to pick up guests that are arriving from Canada on the 21 Apr. They made an error in their flight booking and selected Punta Cana rather than Puerto Plata. Their flight arrives at 6 pm. We need two hotel rooms for one night only. Can anyone suggest a reasonable priced hotel that will accomodate a young couple with a baby as well as ourselves.

Or, does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to transport this family from the airport in PC to Sosua. We have been quoted $350 US for our driver to make the round trip from Sosua.

These are first time visitors to the DR so we want the experience to be as positive as possible.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Have you considered the possibility of your guests flying from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata?

As it is such an arduous journey which you and Mr Silver Fox would be doing both ways plus the stresses and strains of the return journey with a young baby, it may well be worth a consideration particularly in view of the fact they fly in on Thursday, 21st which puts them in good timing for the 3.30 pm flight on Friday, assuming there are no alterations as it is Good Friday, which also makes it a far safer option I would think as no-one really wants to be making long car journeys during Samana Santa!

Details can be found on the website of Dominican Shuttle Services,Dominican Airport Transfers,Dominican Republic

Sorry but can't help with regard to hotel recommendations in PC.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Mr Silver Fox and I have to drive from Sosua to Punta Cana to pick up guests that are arriving from Canada on the 21 Apr. They made an error in their flight booking and selected Punta Cana rather than Puerto Plata. Their flight arrives at 6 pm. We need two hotel rooms for one night only. Can anyone suggest a reasonable priced hotel that will accomodate a young couple with a baby as well as ourselves.

Or, does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to transport this family from the airport in PC to Sosua. We have been quoted $350 US for our driver to make the round trip from Sosua.

These are first time visitors to the DR so we want the experience to be as positive as possible.

Hotels - Hotel Rooms

I'd suggest you stay in Santo Domingo, so you can make it home in time for supper on Friday? I've stayed at both of the places in the link. The Quality Hotel was newer, quieter, and closer to PC. I'm not sure if it is a good way to go, but if you are using the new turnpike to the northeast this would be the one to stay at. The Clarion Hotel is cheaper, and closer to your destination.

Last edited:

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Sosua to Punta Cana is about 6hrs drive. 350$US return trip is a bargain! regular taxi charges 360$US one way.

Hotel Naragua - 20 minutes from airport in Cabeza de Toro
Welcome to the Frontpage
budget hotel, basic but clean, rooms around 40$US per night
809 468 3060

Hotel Flamboyan - 30 mins from airport
Bavaro Punta Cana Hotel - Flamboyan
809 552 0372

Hotel Cayacoa - near hotel flamboyan
809 552 0622 / 809 552 0624

The Bowman Hotel - 30 mins from airport
Plaza Brisas on Ave Espana
The Bowman Hotel - Home
809 552 0102
email: ebowman@bowmanhotel.com

El Castillo Real - 20 mins from airport, budget hotel (rooms from 700rd)
http://elcastilloreal.host22.com/

Las Piedras Guesthouse - 25 minutes from airport, near Fruisa bus station
doesn't have own website, this link gives description + map
Guesthouse Las Piedras, Punta Cana, Rep?blica Dominicana
email: guesthouselaspiedras@gmail.com / hotelpuntacana@gmail.com
809 889 2873

Cortecito Inn - 35 mins from airport
across the road from the beach in Cortecito
budget hotel
email: info@cortecitoinnhotel.com
809 552 0639

Hotel Natural Village - 30 minutes from airport in Bavaro (see map on their website)
very nice little hotel, clean, modern but simple, pool, Italian run restaurant on site.
Natural Village Club - Hotel Bavaro Punta Cana
double rooms around 80$US per night
Email: reserva@naturalvillagehotel.com
tel: 809 552 1164

Golf Suites Hotel - 30 mins from airport in Bavaro
http://www.thegolfsuites.com/
not 100% sure if they rent for one night only.
Phone: +1 809 552 8888
E-mail: info@thegolfsuites.com

more upmarket:
Golden Bear Lodge Cap Cana - 15 minutes from airport
Golden Bear Lodge & Spa
Phone: 1-809-469-7425
E-mail: sales@goldenbearlodge.com.do

Puntacana Resort & Club - 10 minutes from airport
Luxury Hotel Rooms and Suites in Punta Cana
around 124$US per night, incl. taxes
they appear fully booked for 21st, but may have cancellations 809 959 2262

In case you have no luck with hotels you could try this condo rental agency.
Punta Cana Rentals - Vacation Rentals in Punta Cana Bavaro they might have rooms or apartments for one night?
Many hotels may already be fully booked as 21st April is Semana Santa week.
Good luck!

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
one more ....
Hotel Cappuccino Mare - 40 mins from airport, a bit further away but with a very good restaurant onsite.
Cappuccino mare Bavaro
809 468 4646 / 4116 email: hotelbavaro@hotel-santodohttp://www.dr1.com/forums/newreply.php?p=960520&noquote=1

Excellent post about the small hotels in Bavaro, as there are not many. Never knew the Naragua had a website.

In response to the OP: are you sure you want to send the guests on a 6 1/2 transfer to Sosua? This is a rather arduous drive from Punta Cana and I don't know how comfortable your guests will be. I think the earlier suggestion was a good one of your guests staying in Santo Domingo the night. This way, you break up the trip 50/50. Just my two cents.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
can they not pay a change fee and correct their destination to puerto plata or Santiago, or Samana, or sdq? :alien:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

How did it go?