Costambar

TOTENHAM

Apr 16, 2010
We will be visiting the Dominican Republic next month from the USA. We will be staying in COSTAMBAR for a few days before our stay in Playa Dorado
My Question is I have heard some where that the SECURITY at the entrance to COSTAMBAR can be more then a little awkawed for foreigners to pass through.
Some have suggested we will have to leave our passport at the security gate Obviously we will not do that
Has any one had a problem passing through the COSTAMBAR Security???
Thanks

kitie carson

Dec 24, 2010
Gate

We will be visiting the Dominican Republic next month from the USA. We will be staying in COSTAMBAR for a few days before our stay in Playa Dorado
My Question is I have heard some where that the SECURITY at the entrance to COSTAMBAR can be more then a little awkawed for foreigners to pass through.
Some have suggested we will have to leave our passport at the security gate Obviously we will not do that
Has any one had a problem passing through the COSTAMBAR Security???
Thanks

I was there for 12 days in January and had no problem. Waved through all of the time. DO NOT leave your passport . They never asked for mine.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i live in costambar. indeed, the security has been more attentive lately but it is mostly with dominicans and haitians (they need to leave papers at the gate). i have not really heard about gringos running into problems.
at the gate you should simply state that you are staying in xyz or with xyz. if you have someone from costambar taking you inside ask them to stop at the gate and tell the security your name is this and that and you will be staying for this and that long.
remember that better security mean better costambar.

keet

Apr 9, 2011
i stayed in costumbar earlier this year and the security at the gate were not too bad. on a few occassions they have asked for money or to buy them drinks. they never asked for my passport or any ID. they do take notice of who travels with you thru the gate. other than that they were fine.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I've been through the security gate of Costambar numerous times over the past year, on foot and have never been asked why or what the purpose of my visit is etc.... my Dominican boyfriend has no trouble entering on foot either. By car, either taxi or private vehicle, the driver was always asked what the purpose is, we said we were going to the beach,store, bar etc...and were let in no problem.