Model release

klickster

Feb 3, 2005
Hi, I'm a photographer just getting my start and I have a model shoot coming up... I was wondering if anyone here would have a link to a Dominican model release? I need one that would give me the right to use my pictures, just in case I get any good shots!

klickster

Feb 3, 2005
I did search google, and found some, but as laws vary from place to place, I would be much more comfortable if I could find one with Dominican law in mind... also, as the pictures may eventually be published in the U.S., would it be a bad idea to have the model sign an american release as well?

Rufo

Apr 4, 2011
Hi Kickster,

I have directed and produced television and TV ads in several different countries and my experience is that releases are pretty much standard. It does get tricky when working with under age talent in which case you have to check the legal age of the country and labor laws that may protect them. If I were you, I'd take the release I normally use and show it to a local lawyer for revision. Also, make sure you include the medium and territories where you will be using your photos... I hope this was helpful..

Rufo

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Generally, releases include two basic permissions... the right to photograph, and the right to use said photographs, (along with a lot of legal yadda-yaddas). Signing the release in the country where you're shooting allows you the right to record the photograph there. Adding the term "world wide" to the portion that covers subsequent use SHOULD cover you when the photos are published elsewhere in the world.

I'm a photographer, NOT a lawyer, so my suggestion is to consult your attorney; don't rely on my advice alone. ALSO, laws differ everywhere. FAR better to be safe than sorry.