I need an iPad mule :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If anyone is coming to the DR from the USA between May 10 to 25 and can help out, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
OK man, I be back in platano land on May 3 bro, but in Santiago. You need an Ipad2?

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
...And also one coming from Canada sometime in the first two weeks of May (still waiting on exact date). Let me know if any of these folks can be of any help to you! :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
OK man, I be back in platano land on May 3 bro, but in Santiago. You need an Ipad2?

Yep, iPad 2. 3rd May is a little early. If I order online today, it can take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Unless you know someone that can get them, in that case, I will wire you the money :)

Silenus

Mar 20, 2009
Congrats on getting one.

Wonder why you don't use a mail forwarder service like EPS.

I bought my iPhone 4 2 months ago on ebay and they delivered to EPS in Doral Florida, then EPS brought it here to Sosua.
With a tracking number of course. I checked it all the way to here. Takes 2 days to get here once they get it in Florida.
Just had to pay like 400 pesos, weight.
I've been dealing with them since a couple of years, never had a problem.

You can take that into consideration.

I'm planning to get an iPad 2 in a couple of months.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Congrats on getting one.

Wonder why you don't use a mail forwarder service like EPS.

I bought my iPhone 4 2 months ago on ebay and they delivered to EPS in Doral Florida, then EPS brought it here to Sosua.
With a tracking number of course. I checked it all the way to here. Takes 2 days to get here once they get it in Florida.
Just had to pay like 400 pesos, weight.
I've been dealing with them since a couple of years, never had a problem.

You can take that into consideration.

I'm planning to get an iPad 2 in a couple of months.

I bring a ton of stuff here via EPS, maybe 50 packages in the past few years.

But I'm trying to avoid being hit up with ITBIS and anything else they might want to throw at me.

Silenus

Mar 20, 2009
I bring a ton of stuff here via EPS, maybe 50 packages in the past few years.

But I'm trying to avoid being hit up with ITBIS and anything else they might want to throw at me.

Yeah I was actually afraid that they were going to charge me a lot because I paid like 480 bucks for my iPhone 4.
Was surprised when I saw it was like 400 pesos only.
Seems they didn't take the price in consideration, just the weight.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Yep, iPad 2. 3rd May is a little early. If I order online today, it can take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Unless you know someone that can get them, in that case, I will wire you the money :)

Well, they have like 4 Apple Stores in Manhattan. Let me know what features, which so on and so forths and I can take a look at the one on West 14th Street, this weekend. Let me know man...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
iPad 2, DR bound. Thanks for all the PM's and help, you're a great bunch of people!

RacerX got the short straw :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeah I was actually afraid that they were going to charge me a lot because I paid like 480 bucks for my iPhone 4.
Was surprised when I saw it was like 400 pesos only.
Seems they didn't take the price in consideration, just the weight.

If you tried that five more times, I suspect the results would be different each time. You were lucky to only have to pay shipping.