juan luis guerra london gig

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
What a shame, I'm away from London that week - bad luck, would have loved to go. Is there any other date for London... !

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Thanks dalila05 for the info which I otherwise would have missed.
I could not book online from the DR since my screen did not display the "proceed" button which I needed to press once I had chosen my tickets. So I've booked by phone. I was only slightly disconcerted when the girl at the other end (who was obviously from Northern Ireland) kept referring to the "John Lewis" concert!

Eve Hayes

Jun 24, 2006
Marel Alemany also in London

For those of you going to see Juan Luis Guerra next week, Marel Alemany, a young Dominican artist who supported Juan Luis on tour in Argentina not too long ago, will also be playing in London on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th June.

Below is the info:

Marel will be playing a special acoustic gig at Passing Clouds on Friday 17th June:

?5 before 10 / ?8 after
8pm-3am
1 Richmond Road, E8 4AA
Train: Dalston Kingsland / Junction

WWW.LATINOSINLONDON.COM | What's on: Khantara + Marel Alemany + Tirana Caravana : 17th June, London

Marel will also be the closing act for El D?a E., the Day of the Spanish Language which will be celebrated at Eaton Square, opposite the Instituto Cervantes. Admission is free but you must email reservas.londres@cervantes.es to register.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128415750512697#!/event.php?eid=214735838549444

For those who do not know his music, here are some of his videos:

YouTube - ‪Carne - Marel‬‏

YouTube - ‪Dame Lucha - Marel‬‏

I hope that some of you can make it!

Aug 19, 2004
Great night and I hope he comes back - it has been a long wait.

Disappointed there was so little about him in the British press - anybody found any reviews?