Great Food in Cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Please do not take this with a grain of salt..... the food is already great and well seasoned at this restaurant.

Slightly offbeat, perhaps, but the new car wash - across from the taxi stand and the International School , on the road on the way out of town - Monarck its called - has the chef formerly at Manny's.
He has American cooking experience and when handed the fresh local produce can produce things well beyond the standard rice and beans menu.

Yesterday, I had the Lambi Ceviche....outstanding!!!
The salad dressings are superb .... the menu selection very good.

And the car wash is good too ! :laugh: 130 pesos

Open all day, this fellow (Anthony, by name) has been working 7 days a week, from 8am to 11pm for the past 6 months to get this going....
The facility is brand new and very clean.

I highly recommend it.... well worth the trip.

Bon Appetit WW

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I have to second that!! Fantastic food at the new car wash restaurant in town! :) My husband highly recommend the burgers with cheese and bacon), the pork chops and the steak with pepper sauce!! ...And I love the chicken curry! I know I've tried a couple of other items but I can't remember which at the moment.... I just remember it has all been very tasty!

130 for a car wash?! I think you're getting 'gringo' priced, WW.... I'm sure I paid 120!! ;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The price is posted on the wall.... in Spanish. I'm careful about about getting "gringo'd".
RSJ car wash is about 100....... the Cabrera Texaco usually is 150 (it varies) but the Monarka is advertised at 130 for jeepetas.
But thank you for the warning.....I'm a regular now so I'll be expecting a discount in the future :))

WW........... the food is terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.