Information Technology in the DR

geraldorigo

Apr 15, 2011
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forums, I'm Geraldo. I currently live in New Jersey and I am of Dominican descent. I have been to the island many times in my life and more recently back in March for a week in the capital. I am going to graduate college soon with a degree in Information Technology and Informatics and a minor in Latino and Hispanic Caribbean Studies so I am very big in to Technology as well as Caribbean history. I wanted to know if there were any IT companies on the island, preferably in the capital or Santiago, that would be hiring. I know that speaking and writing english is a must for some employers which is fine but my spanish needs work. Speaking is fine but reading and writing not so much. What do you guys think should I attempt to apply to places. I am very willing to relocate. I've also been looking for jobs in Puerto Rico.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You will not find a job on these pages.
Yes, there are IT jobs available here.
You need to come here and network. Make friends in the industry.
There is a need for good IT people here and you will be competing with local talent as well. So
you must network!!

Good Luck...(Curious. Where are you studying?)

HB

geraldorigo

Apr 15, 2011
Thanks for the feedback, I'm actually studying at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. I guess I would really have to head down there and see what I can do. When I was there in March there was a gentlemen that studied IT and said there was a consulting firm down there that needed english speaking IT consultants, I just cant remember the name.