Cab Fare from Cabarete to Cabrera

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
A lot of cabs in that title :)

Hey gang! So...I GOT THE JOB! So excited to say we'll be moving down to Cabrera in July! We're flying into POP and spending a weekend in Cabarete before heading out to Cabrera, so here's the question:

How much would cab fare be (2 adults, 1 child and...a dog in a crate :S) from Cabarete to Cabrera? We'd have quite a bit of luggage, to boot...Is this even do-able, or would be better off renting a car for a week?
If we rented a car, would we be able to leave it in Cabrera for pick up?

Thanks guys for any info you have :)

anna

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
cab fare will be 110$ rates are posted at the airport. you will not be able to rent at the airport and drop off in Cabrera so it is best to take a taxi.

good luck

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
here is an idea

Email your new boss and ask for the number to the taxi service in town.

Then arrange for a taxista to come collect you with the proper vehicle like a van to bring it all in at your convenience from Cabarete.

Make a new connection that will serve you well.

My old landlord Melanio is one to ask for.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think Maine Girl is right. You probably can save money by having a taxi from Cabrera pick you up at the airport. If the taxi has your name, flight number and arrival time, the driver can be waiting for you outside immigration holding a sign with your name on it. This is common.

Best would be to have your new boss arrange for a taxi to pick you up. You will pay, but the boss probably can get a little better price if he/she makes the arrangements. If not, do as Maine Girl suggests: get the number from the boss and make the arrangements yourself.

If possible. get the price before the driver sees the sign at the airport.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
re-read the OP

She is weekending in Cabarete before heading on to Cabrera with her luggage, child, and dog.

So she needs someone to get her in Cabarete.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
She is weekending in Cabarete before heading on to Cabrera with her luggage, child, and dog.

So she needs someone to get her in Cabarete.

Great catch MG!!!

Ken weren't you a teacher/principal?;)

terrible tambo'

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
A lot of cabs in that title :)

Hey gang! So...I GOT THE JOB! So excited to say we'll be moving down to Cabrera in July! We're flying into POP and spending a weekend in Cabarete before heading out to Cabrera, so here's the question:

How much would cab fare be (2 adults, 1 child and...a dog in a crate :S) from Cabarete to Cabrera? We'd have quite a bit of luggage, to boot...Is this even do-able, or would be better off renting a car for a week?
If we rented a car, would we be able to leave it in Cabrera for pick up?

Thanks guys for any info you have :)

anna

Congratulations on securing the job, Anna .... I might be able to personally help you out with your transfer from Cabarete to Cabrera. If interested, please send me a PM.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I know a great driver in Cabarete who can take you to Cabrera for a reasonable rate. He speaks excellent English and has a couple of good Jeepetas that he rents as well. PM me if you'd like his number.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Great catch MG!!!

Ken weren't you a teacher/principal?;)

terrible tambo'

Today is not a work day.

It appears other posters have info about taxi drivers who will give a good rate. If not, my original suggestion still applies. Rates that will be quoted by taxis in Cabarete are the same as those on the the board at the airport. I've seen the rate signs in both Sosua and Cabarete and they are the same as the one at the airport.

When Catlady said she was going to be like the "other guys", I hope she didn't mean like Tambo, who twists the knife inserted by others.

Maine Girl I know is a kind hearted soul so I just thank her for correcting my error.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks guys! Whirley, I'll send you a PM for sure, and MaineGirl...contract is on the way ;) I hope you'll make it back sometime, too, and I'll PM you and let you know how it's all going!

Ken, thanks for your input, too. You guys are super helpful. Yes, weekending first in my old town of Cabarete, then off to Cabrera we go :D Thanks everybody
anna

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi Anna,

Firstly, Congratulations on getting the job!!! :)

My husband and I are actually doing some airport pick-ups (for our summer volunteers) that weekend from Puerto Plata to Cabrera. I am not sure of the exact dates and times but definitely on the 16th and possibly the 17th of July. I know you said you are planning to spend a few days in Cabarete first, so that probably won't work, but if you change your mind, let me know and I'll see if I can help out in that way. Otherwise, I can help to arrange a taxi for you for about $75 USD (if his rates are the same as last year).

Excited to have a new comer to Cabrera! :)

PS - I'll get back to your PM shortly!

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hey thanks!! I just read this...:D SO excited to make it to Cabrera! I've been you-tubing, DR1-ing, Flickr-ing as much as possible to get a feel for the place, but I am sure nothing does it justice....Oh, July hurry up and get here! :)

Talk soon!!!