Sosua to Punta Cana airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Whats the best way to get to Punta Cana airport (day and night) from Sosua, and roughly how long? Ive read 5 1/2 hrs and 8 hrs . Has anybody done this trip lately anw which way did you go.
Thanks Craig

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
this was just answered about a week ago:
Two ways.
1) Go to Nagua and take the toll road to Santo Domingo. Go east on Las Americas to Punta Cana.
2) Go over the mountain to Moca and the Duarte Highway to Santo Domingo, cross Santo Domingo and go to Punta Cana.6 to 7 hours

Timewise, I'd say at least 6 to 7 hours.

HB

citynights

Jan 24, 2011
If you have the time.....I have done it by bus a couple times...400 pesos sousa to santo domingo & 360 pesos santo domingo to punta cana...plus the taxi $20 US to the airport....plus one night stay in santo domingo $45 US....150 pesos each way from the bus depot to hotel & back...300 total...30 + 45 +20 = $95 total..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
My plane is based at POP. If you want to pay for two round trips I could do it for you. I don't make anything on these flights, I just charge for the pro-rata share of fuel and engine amortization, which is about $120 an hour.
I am also limited by the weather and I can't fly at night here in the DR.
It's a four seater Cessna with a fairly good useful load. I can take three passengers with no luggage or two passengers with average luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.