Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need something to do in Jarabacoa!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Need something to do in Jarabacoa!

I'm here until the 25th @ Pinar Dorado(that may change however). I was super eager to go out and explore the city but after my ride from Santiago I lost my enthusiasm and I'm worried about getting lost(my god, ppl here drive worse than back home!) I would really like to know what there is to do besides the hotel excursions or if anyone would be willing to put up with me for a day to show me around or do lunch or something. Please.... I'm dying here....
    Last edited by drinfatuation; 04-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.

2. Likes Jennifer Ott liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent a couple of days there in January, here's a link to what we did:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-repor...jarabacoa.html

AE

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like it was fun but I wouldn't know how to find anything. I couldn't even get a rental car because my flight was delayed almost two hours and they were all closed.... Needless to say, this trip isn't turning out how I wanted it to

Post Thanks / Like

Get a taxi, They can't be too expensive...go to the Golf Club for lunch. Good and cheap. Limited Menu.

Go into the middle of town. There is a bar about two blocks in. It is always packed withpeople. Enjoy.

Go river rafting.

Go up to the "Good Luck" Water falls....onthe wayto Manabao.

See if Cobraboy will show you how to ride a motorcycle.???

RELAX...

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... That sounds cool, esp the motorcycle lessons once I get over the 12 hours of travel *shudders* I can do a couple of those.

Now to get over the embarrassment of making an a$$ of myself when ppl start talking to me and realize I'm not Dominican when I give them a blank look and say no entiendo lol.....

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused.....Is this your first trip to DR? What made you choose Jarabacoa as a destination, did you know someone there? Are you travelling alone? It just seems to be an odd choice for a solo trip without plans or a car. Did you check to see where the closest car rental place is to your hotel? CB, do you know??

AE

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is my first trip here. I came to Jarabacoa because I plan on moving here in the next year or so and I wanted to get a feel for the area(I plan on making a few more trips after this one). I'm not interested in being in heavy tourist areas with a bunch of snobbish ppl. I came alone because my travel buddies all bailed on me, and me being stubborn as hell, came anyway. I planned on getting a rental in Santiago but because my flight was delayed everything was closed. I had wanted to just look around, but being w/o transportation that's a bit of a prob and I'm not up for being ripped off by taxi drivers because I have trouble understanding them or not knowing where I am. I do have a friend that lives here; he picked me up from the airport last night, but now I'm stuck here bored because he's at work. And please, spare me the sankie speech... Not sure about the rental places near here, but definitely going to look into it

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No sankie speech, I promise. If you get a car you'll find it pretty easy to get around. We just followed signs and wandered about. Maybe someone else/another tourist at the hotel that you will meet who might want to sightsee with you?

I'm still smiling at your comments about the drivers there..... if you think they're bad there, stay away from Santo Domingo

AE

Post Thanks / Like

So far it seems like I'm the only American here; the rest of the guests are Dominican so that won't help much if I can get my hands on a car, I'll try that and hope the GPS on my phone still works, or I can be an a$$ and make my friend come find me when I do get lost lol

About the driving: you mean it actually gets worse?! lol

11. Likes BenDe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You a boy or a girl? What's with the paranoia about taxis?
    Ask the people at the hotel how much to pay. use that as your starting point. Tell the taxi where to go and ask "Kwanto?" tell him Mucho. Offer 20 pesos less. See what happens. If not, go to another taxi...you have to be hard..

Get outta the hotel...

HB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast