Inposdom

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had ordered some educational materials online and they had posted by Airmail from London. I had not recieived yet. Today I went to the Head Office in Santo Domingo and enquired about it. The lady in the reception is highly uncooperative and arrogantly told me that it will take 5-6 months. I won't need that after 6 months.

thatIsCloseEnough

Apr 10, 2011
I sent some books from New York once and they took about six months to get here. I was surprised they made it. On the other hand, a letter takes about 4 days. Go figure!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I ususally get books from Amazon within two weeks. The five to six month figure is perhaps for shipping. I sent a big box when I came here and it took three months from New England.

I get letters in and out of the US within 10 days.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Inposdom is useless on the North Coast

It appears that Mountainannie lives in a very fortunate location in the DR which actually has service from Inposdom.

Inposdom is utterly useless on the north coast and the OP's experience would be similar here except that the people who work locally are actually fine to talk to. There is simply no real mail service which is allows EPS, TransExpress, etc. to exist and fill in the gap.

Victor!

Mar 12, 2011
You know what date you sent the package? I have received letters from England and they are slow in coming 2 weeks. As yours is a box give you a month to arrive, Do not worry that it reaches you, I've seen people when I go to post office pick up shipments from the U.S., Spain and China. Of course if you live in Santo Domingo.

I ordered some items from the US, and i only waited for two weeks. A moto came to my door one morning with the shipment, I signed for the shipment and i gave him 50/100 peso for the service. I recived parcels two times like this, never had any problem.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
It has became a routine for me to visit the local inposdom office in La Vega everyday and inquiring about it. But atleast these people are kind enough to answer me that it did not arrive yet. Today they told me that because of the semana santa it would take 15 more days laboral:(

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
An update to this post. I had collected the parcel today. I had noticed that Inposdom had received on 14/4/2011 and wondering why they took 20 days just to deliver. There is no hold for customs.