Cost for Aluminum Door

Feb 15, 2005
Guys this is prob. best under construction or cost of living but I needed some suggestions and responses before end of week if possible.

What would be the cost of a well made aluminum outside door that would be double layered. I guess that is the description.
I've been told $4500 pesos and also $3000 pesos.

What from your experience is the appropriate cost.

thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apparently they are not exactly aluminium but a mix of metals. you do mean a normal, main door of the house, metal, for security and durability, right? miesposo had them put in his office about 2-3 years ago. they were over 3.000 pesos. i am not sure what the current price will be but i hope it will give you at least some minumum estimate.
and i almost forgot, we are in POP. prices may vary in other cities.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Aluminum clad door with foam core

We have had several custom aluminum clad doors with foam cores made and the price as been in the $4,500 to $4,800 RD range. That is from a couple of different vendors selling essentially the same product also made in the Puerto Plata area.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think the number of companies making those is not that great. but there are many companies doing installation. if you order more (for entire house, for example) you can haggle, they will take the price down.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There are few companies that will make a custom door. PJT suspects they will be in Santo Domingo or Santiago.

Santo Domingo has two suppliers of aluminum components for doors and windows. One of these companies is MercAlum, S.A., located at Calle Americo Lugo esq. 14 de Junio. It has been some time since PJT has done business with them. What is known in the past was they did not constuct the finished products, they sold components. But it may be worth your while to contact them, (809) 565-9292, email ventas@aldom.com.do, they may advise they do now fabricate doors or who in your area does fabrication and installation.

Good luck and Regards,

PJT

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That price is about right. And as DV8 says, if you buy a few they will invariably give you a discount.