Punta cana DR

tasha007

Apr 22, 2011
can someone with minor criminal record 10yrs ago in canada visit DR. with no pbms at airport?
planning to go to punta cana DR and someone trvllng has mnr cr. record , he cant go US need to fill waiver,
waiver process will start in few months; however was advised to go to islands not under US.. so i like Punta cana but i dont know
if he will hve pbms or not. .. need to decide.. person canadian with valid psport, born in iraq. was minor thing happned 11 yrs ago but is still stg in data base until he does waiver. we were advised sbe okay.. but want to check with you guys the forum ...and how is grand bahia ? before wanted to go Costa rica but is colonial city and we did not want to take chance.
tks
Tasha

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I thought minors were quashed after 10 years and so would not be still standing?
I don't know the situation, but if visiting then unless you are a wanted man and have been told you are not allowed to leave the country I can't imagine you having any problem at all, the country is full of criminals, native and foreign, seems to be the place to be so some think.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
A criminal record, in Canada, remains a criminal record ( I'm talking about someone that has been charged and found guilty in the adult court). It is not automatically quashed. Even if you ask for and obtain a ''pardon'' the US may refuse to let you enter their country.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A criminal record, in Canada, remains a criminal record ( I'm talking about someone that has been charged and found guilty in the adult court). It is not automatically quashed. Even if you ask for and obtain a ''pardon'' the US may refuse to let you enter their country.

The OP said it was to go the DR, what does the US have to do with it? As long as he does not change planes in the US.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
The OP said it was to go the DR, what does the US have to do with it? As long as he does not change planes in the US.

I mentionned the US only as an example that theres countries that wont let you in ''pardon'' or not. Maybe the D.R. dont give a damm maybe they do.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I can assure you that the DR does not give a damn.

You maybe right but sometimes things change rapidly in the D.R. As for myself, I don't care since I've never had a criminal record.

As a jurist I prefer to have an answer, to that specific question, with more substance. I don't mean to offend you though