Clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robplank

Apr 23, 2011
I volunteer with an NGO looking for new destinations for it's medical teams. We've identified the North Coast DR and now need to find a small clinic(s) in need of support: financial, medicines, doctors and other health professionals from the USA. This NGO has successfully operated remote clinics in a number of other latin american countries and currently supports local clinic partners in those locations. Help us help the poor Dominicans and Haitians living in la RD by helping us find some local Dominican clinics to support. Thanks
Rob

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You might want to get in touch with this group:

International House of Hope | Without hope there is no life.

It was founded by a retired physician from the US. They have a site in Puerto Plata that is destined to be their permanent clinic, but currently go into the barrios of Puerto Plata to provide medical care. This is under the aegis of Salud P?blica, for those who would wonder about that.

ETA:

Other health professionals - I have a fairly long history of coordinating outreach clinics for groups of dentists who travel to Puerto Plata in order to provide free dental care. Don't know if that would interest you, but the dental groups have worked in concert with IHOH in the past.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go with her is you are going to be on the North Shore.

She is the best.

If you want to go into the interior, let me know.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.