tennis? pools? pipe tobacco?

S

susannah nesmith

Hey all,

I'm working on a cost of living survey for a client of mine and there are some things I can't find here in the capital. Does anyone know of a pool you can go to without being a member of a club? How about tennis courts that rent by the hour? And this is a little strange but, does anyone know where to get pipe tobacco? I've been to several "tobaco" stores, but all they have is puros.

You can respond here or email me at ap.snesmith@codetel.net

Thanks
Susannah

H

Henry

I don't know, what do you understand by membership - some hotels do offer possibilities to use their grounds (tennis and pool) by offering them to people, which do have to be registered and have to pay a monthly fee! (Other additional fees may be applicable)

For swimming you may also visit the Aquaplash (next to the Aquarium), but this is rather exspensive and exclusive!

For the tabaco - Hillbilly may know - did you try it in the two major tabacco shops in front of the parque Colon? (Columbus Plaza and Tabac factory)

Sorry for not having more on your subjects!

Henry

G

Grahame Bush

Imported pipe tobacco is fairly expensive to buy in this country (but still cheaper than in England where taxes KILL an enjoyable pipe smoke!!). Try the tobacco shop next to the Metro Tours bus station. Amphora is about RD $900 for a 7 or 8 oz tin, Borkum Riff is RD $900 for a 7 oz tin. They have their own brand which could well be cheaper. One or two of the bigger supermarket storesUSED to stock it but as there is only me & about 7 others in the country that smoke a pipe, they may have stopped stocking it. Certainly they have stopped having it up here in Puerto Plata which is why I get incoming friends to bring it from America. Maybe weshould do a deal with Tobacco Place in America to send enough down for you (or your partner as you may not be the one smoking the pipe!!) & me to last a couple of months!!??

Get back to me if you need anymore info.
Good hunting - Grahame ^_^

H

Henry

pipe tobacco?

I just been told that the gift shop next to the office from Codetel on the Conde street should have pipe tabacco! - Give it a try!

Henry