Aparthotel/hostal in SD

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'm looking for a nice little place in the city somewhere, cheap and cheerful, any recommendations?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I'm looking for a nice little place in the city somewhere, cheap and cheerful, any recommendations?

I would be happy to recommend Hotel Villa Residential, Santiago No. 57, Gazcue, SD where I stayed last Tuesday. Not posh but clean and tidy with nice warm shower, fan and aircon and free wifi at only RD$ 1000 per night. I have the telephone number and email address if required.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
I will recommend the Foreignesz Club Hotel in the colonial city, it has all of the above and also includes breakfast and most of all the staff speaks English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.

Ltoribio12

Mar 5, 2013
Am going to Santo Domingo for about 4 weeks with my boyfriend. Does anyone have any current recommendations on where we should stay. We are on a tight budget and we want to get a cheap nice place that has lots of things that we can do furring the day and night time.

roymustang9

Nov 6, 2012
Am going to Santo Domingo for about 4 weeks with my boyfriend. Does anyone have any current recommendations on where we should stay. We are on a tight budget and we want to get a cheap nice place that has lots of things that we can do furring the day and night time.

Just search on airbnb.com. You will come across a lot of places which are as cheap as $250 a night, and they are all clean, but not posh as someone mentioned. There is hot water, free internet, clean bathrooms (just don't flush the tp), and a shared kitchen. Also, the taxis are around 200 pesos to most popular points in the city.