Polic?a dominicana es ?una de las mejores del mundo?, seg?n Interpol

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Polic?a dominicana es ?una de las mejores del mundo?, seg?n Interpol
Saw that headline and had a WTF moment.

Polic?a dominicana es ?una de las mejores del mundo?, seg?n Interpol | Noticias SIN
Dominican police are among the best in the world, according to Interpol... at least in their cooperation to apprehend international criminals.

I love all the comments on the bottom, classic. Maybe the Police here react positively to Interpol requests because it's fun to chase foreign criminals, and if you get to them first, you can hustle them for a protection bribe! :)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I love all the comments on the bottom, classic. Maybe the Police here react positively to Interpol requests because it's fun to chase foreign criminals, and if you get to them first, you can hustle them for a protection bribe! :)
Can't add much to that.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Actually The DR police can be very efficient when it wants to (i.e. if the victim is someone who is "pegado", or famous, or rich, or all of these). As much as I dislike their lack of education, corruptness, etc...I have to give them credit for quickly stamping out kidnappings which were beginning to become and issue a few years ago. This is the type of crime that just cannot be allowed to prosper in any country where the population wants to leave in relative peace. Just look at Mexico nowadays, Colombia back some years ago, etc... Now if you're a "pobre diablo" you SOL

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Sounds like they are arresting people as they step off the plane after a phone call from Interpol. Find Whitey Bulger and then i will be impressed...