i need a job

carmen1

May 1, 2011
i am 45 years old female and have masters in russian language and literature with 12 years experience as secretary/interpreter/translator. where can i get a job in DR and the salary (please suggest)?

george1

Jan 2, 2011
i am 45 years old female and have masters in russian language and literature with 12 years experience as secretary/interpreter/translator. where can i get a job in DR and the salary (please suggest)?

Good day,

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but employment is hard to find in the DR. I have friends with a PHD that speak 5 languages and have a hard time finding any work. Nevertheless, there is always some chance. Could you please tell me where in the city you are planning to work and if you are here already?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is a HUGE Russian "presence" here in the DR!
They are coming as tourists,mostly to Punta Cana. There could be a possibility of employment in the tourist industry catering to Russians.
That said,there is also a large number of Russian Mafia here as well.I saw a huge Russian boat,150 feet,or more in Puerto Plata.So just be aware.
Good Luck!!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Russian Embassy/consulate????????????????????????????????????????

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Was it this one?

April 10th out of Puerto Plata

P1020547-1.jpg

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
As already mentioned, there is a large Russian presence in the DR, more specifically, in Punta Cana. I don't know if you want to work in the hotel or tour industry, but there is a demand for Russian speakers on the East Coast.

There could also be a demand for people to learn Russian, as well, for tourism in the future. In any case, a Russian language school in Cortecito closed its doors. Although I don't know why, the assumption is lack of business.

UNIBE University has a branch in Cap Cana. Maybe they are giving classes or you can present to them the idea.

You're gonna have to be lucky or creative, or both.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
apply anywhere that provide services to europeans travelers and investors that would be my suggestion. Start with any job at the biginnning even in call centers if you live in Santo Domingo and then work your way out of that deal, the call centers pay about 20,000 pesos a month or more which will includes transportation and food plus overtimes and they are always hiring.