Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Dogs

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Big Dogs

I hope you are all well.
    I have owned big dogs most of my life. I have brought my St. Bernard to this country from the states, but unfortunately he passed away from illness. I also owned a Rottweiler that unfortunately was poisened during a burglary attempt.
    It has been now 4 years since I owned a dog. I would love to embark on a new journey and open up a new chapter in life by adding a new dog to our family. I love big dogs and I would really enjoy the character and qualities of a Great Dane.
    Does anyone by any chance have any infos on how to obtain one on this Island. After 7 years of residence here I have never seen one.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, its funny the timing of things. I was just speaking to a friend about Great Danes in the DR. I have never seen one there. I will be bringing a puppy when I come bit that is a year away.
    If you find any there, please let me know. It might be easier to get one there than bring it but I don't think there are any.
    Big dogs are the best. My friend's GD is named Bo and is HUGE but by far the sweetest dog I've ever met (besides Yoshi)

SHALENA

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Cobraboy has a great dane, does he not?
    Maybe ask him where he got his?
    I must say a great dane is a better idea than St bernard, poor sod, a big lump to have to deal with the heat here. The great danes are a bit lighter to deal with it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by george1 View Post
    After 7 years of residence here I have never seen one.
    I have one, Toby, son of Matilda's Tyson and sister to Hillbilly's Missy. Too bad Toby and Tyson have been "fixed."

There are some Great Danes in the DR.

(Toby, the adventure dog, as a pup: )

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely dogs but not the cleverest looking mutts are they, lol!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Toby, me and Perla, the Miracle Dog:

7. Likes Major448, Matilda, Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Toby, me and Perla, the Miracle Dog:
    Wow, my respects. They are just magnificent...what beauty.

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is Toby's dad on his birthday:

And helping Whirleybird moderate DR1:

They are actually pretty intelligent, incredibly personable and very loving. They are good as guard dogs as they make so much noise, although Tyson has never bitten anyone he does knock people over and stands over them whilst waiting for the pit bull to finish them off.

I bought him here and if you look here gran danes - animales - perros - gatos - República Dominicana you can see there are a lot for sale. Expect to pay around 45,000 RD$.

matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Here is Toby's dad on his birthday:

And helping Whirleybird moderate DR1:

They are actually pretty intelligent, incredibly personable and very loving. They are good as guard dogs as they make so much noise, although Tyson has never bitten anyone he does knock people over and stands over them whilst waiting for the pit bull to finish them off.

I bought him here and if you look here gran danes - animales - perros - gatos - República Dominicana you can see there are a lot for sale. Expect to pay around 45,000 RD$.

matilda
    Awesome!

Toby looks just like Tyson...one of the reasons we got him.

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to mate Missy. I am not surehow it will work out but she needs to be mated and then spayed.

Also, there is one of those "guys I know" who told me that he as a pair of Tosas on the island for breeding purposes. These are purebreds, so expect to paysome major bucks, althought the price IS coming down. I was once quoted $6k for a breeding dam.

My Almost Tosa, Yoshi, is a wonderful dog and great to have around.

When I get home I will check out things a bit better.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast